It's a MIRACLE!

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Jimmie Johnson tested positive for this ugly virus the end of last week, and as many know, had to sit out Sundays race. Fast forward to today, and he has now tested negative twice and cleared to compete this upcoming weekend....
Maybe someone more medically knowledgeable can fill me in on a couple of issues.
1, when did the 14 day quaranteen be dismissed as unnecessary?
2, do people that contract this usually get well in 3 to 5 days?
Or, are there other reasons at play here?

specialk

Twelve Pointer
not in the medi field but you can get a posi one day and negative the next...no symptoms.....i'm sure he will be tested again before sunday…..also 4 HMS employees have been cleared to work too.....

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Wait till football season starts I see lots miracles in future

Ivy League cancelled all Fall sports today, on the heels of Stanford canceling 11 varsity sports permanently. Info from high up in NCSU is that Fall football is out, Spring is possible. No out of conference play and no fans. If they play in Spring, do you turn around and play the next Fall? Highly unlikely.

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
Ivy League cancelled all Fall sports today, on the heels of Stanford canceling 11 varsity sports permanently. Info from high up in NCSU is that Fall football is out, Spring is possible. No out of conference play and no fans. If they play in Spring, do you turn around and play the next Fall? Highly unlikely.
Some Ivy League schools are online only in the fall. Thought Ivy League already stated football in the spring.

Edit: just looked it up, possibly spring, but no guarantees.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm done with Nooscar so I really don't care.

I am not watching either but pick up info here and there. Thought it odd that anyone is contaminated with a "weeks to recover" virus, yet just a couple or so days later, all is good. My curiosity has me wondering why. To kill the "noose" scam?. Other scenarios they wish to silence?

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm not sure about Nascar's policy, but I believe the PGA has set a new precedent for athletes. 2 negative tests 24 hours apart, and you can resume play.

That would be a typical response to any other virus - symptom free for 24-48 hours, depending on the policy, and you can return. Covid is a superkiller though. :rolleyes:

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
It's not as miraculous as it sounds. Guy at next door office warehouse had a relative stay with him last week of June. Last week, that cousin loses sense of taste. Gets tested, +. Informs his cousin, who since he's had direct contact, needs to get tested. Now, by the time the guy next door gets his test results, he will be 15 days after direct contact with a +(his cousin). Therefore, by the time the guy next door tests come back, if it is -, essentially his quarantine is over per his DR. But during that wait, everyone next door is wondering what to do? If his tests come back posi, then they ALL have now had 1st contact, and then must ALL be tested. In the multiple days between the testing and the results, do they visit family? Friends? Shop?

JJ's a health nut. I like how he shows his BPM visibly in his car during races. Covid won't hurt him I imagine.

What's miraculous is that JJ can get tested, and results, seeming as fast as a lap at Bristol, while the rest of us have to wait days and days for the first test, keeping everyone they've been around in suspense wondering if THEY"ll then have to be tested. If you think about it, it's a circular logic that could possibly go on forever.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm not sure about Nascar's policy, but I believe the PGA has set a new precedent for athletes. 2 negative tests 24 hours apart, and you can resume play.

That would be a typical response to any other virus - symptom free for 24-48 hours, depending on the policy, and you can return. Covid is a superkiller though. :rolleyes:

I am betting that the positive was a false positive and the two negatives seem to confirm that.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I am betting that the positive was a false positive and the two negatives seem to confirm that.
That's what I was thinking as well. It's possible if he was truly asymptomatic, that they caught it toward the end of the cycle, but I think it's more plausible it was a false positive with 2 negative tests that close on the heels of a positive one.