it's a feud now,,,

Steelshot

Eight Pointer
Prolly one of his old neighbors that up and moved with out telling a soul. Left the cigar still lit burning in the ash try type left in a hurry hahah

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
,,, plus the black panthers are all on the other side of the Lumber River,,, everyone knows that,,,,

The oldtimers in Robco used to call them "painter cats". There's a spot on highway 211 about halfway between Red Springs and Lumberton near the old "desert" which has been called Painter's Crossing for generations. I'd assume the origin of the name is self explanatory.

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The oldtimers in Robco used to call them "painter cats". There's a spot on highway 211 about halfway between Red Springs and Lumberton near the old "desert" which has been called Painter's Crossing for generations. I'd assume the origin of the name is self explanatory.

too cool - I know that place - thanks for the link

drove many a trip down 211 there,,, never seen no panthers,,, but did see some Mexican painters!!

Steelshot

Eight Pointer
Used to hunt near wagram. Never seen a big cat but, that long stretch of road near the prison was one place you didn’t wanna breakdown. Swamp up to both edges of the road.

Higgins

Ten Pointer
From what I've read about Woodmoose it didn't stand a chance but I'm surprised we hadn't seen a new recipe posted. I believe it was Rye that said a few years ago that their will be two things left on this earth, Woodmoose and his dinner.

Last edited: