Ithaca 37

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Hey guys,

I have a family member looking to sell an Ithaca 37 featherweight. He wanted me to try & find a good price, from what I’m seeing it appears $4-500 seems to be the norm for a run of the mill model. This is a 12ga 28” barrel, 2 3/4 chamber. It has the ducks in flight engraving on both sides.

I looked at gunbroker for current auctions,not too many with bids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I had one on here little back could not sell it for 300$
Just me but 30" and 26" or shorter sell faster and more calling.
I had a 28" plain barrel.

double

Twelve Pointer
They are pretty good guns just dont bring alot. When I ran the gun shop they sold between $200-$300 depending in condition. Short open chokes sold better as with all old shotguns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I wound up buying it from him.. ‘72 model, Mod choke. It will slam fire, ready to get out & shoot some clays.. it shoulders & balances better than my 870 or Winchester 120..

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
I acquired one from about the same year with an improved cylinder...I have used it a few times on pheasant shoots, as you mentioned it points well, shoots well and since I didn't grow up shooting a pump I usually save on a box or so of shells when I use it... :)

Mechanic Bob

Eight Pointer
Mine was a 20 ga with improved cylinder. Bought it when I was 14 and used it for Clays, Rabbits, "Pheasants, Grouse, and even Deer. Back then I could reload a box of shells for less than $1 per box. Carry that gun all day as my buddies lugged around the old Double Barrel 12 ga Shotguns. Great Shotgun!

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I would like to eventually track down a 20ga. This one I didn’t really need, but my FIL needed the money.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That used to be the go to gun for us poor boy duck hunters. You could shoot like an auto and miss with the best of them. Until....that fateful day when your high dollar duck shells started falling into the water everytime you shucked one into the magazine. When your standing waist to higher in a cold swamp there's nothing worse than not being able to retrieve your last 5 shells at the bottom of the mud by your feet when the woodies are screaming in at Mach 2.
Ahhhh..memories.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
should be ducks on 1 side and pheasants on the other

you can always see what shops nationwide are selling ANY gun for at www.gunsamerica.com in the future.

I've owned 4 and still have 2 and have loved them since buying my 1st one in 1976.