It has been quite a unique week...

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just a little update. All is going well and Carter is gaining weight daily. He was up to 3lb, 15oz today when I got there. Plan is to start trying him on feeding a week early as he is doing so good.. (thank you all for the prayers, I'm sure they were heard)
I finally got to hold and cuddle with him today! What a small bundle of energy! I think I may be smitten just a bit...🤗

IMG_0622.jpg

pickle

Eight Pointer
CONGRATULATIONS !!!! My Twin granddaughters were very premature and now are 15 year olds. Prayers to your family I know what you are going through.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Another update on our grandson. As of today, ALL tubes have been removed. He had been bottle feeding for over a week. Weight has increased daily and as of last evening he was up to 4lb 15oz, probably hitting at least 5lbs tonight. All is going well with the expectation of him being able to go home the end of this week...
Thank you for your lifted thoughts and prayers as I am sure they were heard.

As of today when I was there...

IMG_1036.jpg

Jaybird

Twelve Pointer
My twins were born 8 weeks early at 3 lbs 9 oz. and 4 lbs 10 oz. Now they’re both some of the tallest kids in their class.

Congrats and here’s hoping for continued progress.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
And............ 40 days later, he is home! All is going well with all vitals and he is putting on weight. As of yesterday he was at 5lb 1oz. His coming home was delayed by a day, but for caution it was necessary.
Welcome home Carter!

Coming home..jpgIMG_1143.jpg

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Update on Carter....
After being released from Levine in Charlotte, he was home for two days before his first checkup. During that, it was found that his temperature was low. So, back to the hospital for tests and remedy. Found to be anemic and a bit of blood transfusion has corrected the issue. All checks by doctors since have been great. He is proceeding to gain in all areas that were of concern. Now at 8lb 8oz and growing daily.
Thank you again for any thoughts and prayers sent up as I am sure they were heard.
Just loving on him as much as possible and waiting on his ss# to arrive so I can get his lifetime licenses...

IMG_1993.jpg

BuzzCut

Ten Pointer
Kenny, just saw this thread and read through it. I’ve been sort of off grid with a family issue, but as said earlier, God is good.
That little man is a fighter! Congrats on your grandson!

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
And, at 3 months, he is now almost 9 lbs and doing great. I again would like to thank you all for the lifted prayers...

FB_IMG_1630611427126.jpg

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Quick update: Carter turns 1yo today and all is going very well! He is at ~23lbs, growing daily and getting more curious by the hour.
Again, thank you all.

1654104757786.png

Then, a side note:
Our next new grandbaby (my other sons') arrived Sunday afternoon, healthy with mom and baby just fine. 8lbs and 20" long.
Meet Aleric Edward:

1654105373772.png

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Oh man that's great i about lost my son three weeks ago in a car wreck you just don't realize how much they mean to you until you about lose one.

Yes. And, although I hate he was put in danger, it was good to see "about" as part of that sentence.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
I have delayed this post for several reasons, with the largest being I just haven't had the time to gather all my thoughts in a controlled manner. With that said, please bear with me if I stray a bit or get long winded...
We have two grands, one to turn two in July and the other is now 5 months old. Both have been keeping us busy as my better half is doing all she can to help. I consider them "mine" although their mom is not my biological daughter. Having a stepson that I raised as mine, I feel it appropriate to claim them, and love on them both as much as possible.
Now that that is somewhat explained (and the pieces will fall into place as we go), I do, as some know, have my biological son that is the only grandson in my family with our surname. With only one brother in my family, his children are girls. I have always thought our name may end with us.
I recieved the news the beginning of the year that we had a new grandbaby coming in August, the 8th actually. Later informed it was a boy. Needless to say, we have been excited.
Then, problems arise. We find he will have to be taken early. No real biggie we hope as this is happening sorta regular. Still no big worries, just the normal thoughts that one would imagine.
Well, Tuesday morning when I got up I had recieved a text from my son that they were in the hospital. Staying in contact as best we could, he kept me as informed as possible with the ever changing situation. We decided we needed to be there, whatever happened, so bugged out. Arrived at the hospital at 0931. Did not know for a bit, but our newest grandson was born at 0934.. He is 2 months premature, but is doing great.
3lbs 9oz and 16.5 inches long. Levine Children's Hospital has top notch people and have been great with his care.. Not sure we could expect any better care anywhere...
Hopefully he will be home soon.
We appreciate any and all prayers sent for his continued improvement as well as for his mom and dad. Thank you all for your patience if you have stumbled through my entire post.
Allow my to introduce Carter James B to you all with a shot from Tuesday..View attachment 67688

Yesterday..a picture of him beside a pic of his dad as a newborn..
View attachment 67689
CONGRATS ! To all involved. Prayers will be sent for that boy to remain well.

Now that all that's been said .....

Kenny ( granddad ) when he's ready to learn how to play pool .....

I know a guy ;)

CONGRATS again ! :)

Last edited: