It’s softshell time,,,

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
just throwing this out there, i have Canadian back bacon to trade for soft shell crabs :oops:

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I bought two dozen yesterday from an old schoolmate in Oriental whose husband runs crab pots. They keep three rows of tanks going this time of year and wait for them to shed. You won't get a better softcrab but they are a tad pricey. All she had when I got there were Whales and they were $40 a dozen.....

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
I bought two dozen yesterday from an old schoolmate in Oriental whose husband runs crab pots. They keep three rows of tanks going this time of year and wait for them to shed. You won't get a better softcrab but they are a tad pricey. All she had when I got there were Whales and they were $40 a dozen.....

That's a good price imo

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
Where is or what is the name of this fresh seafood joint?

Hook and Larder.

They have a Facebook page and a website. Can pick up at their restaurant, Postal Fish Co. or at the market on Thursdays. Info on website.
You can text or call Marcey for a preorder, her number is on the website.

I’ve eaten at the restaurant a few times. I like the owners and the food. I haven’t been pleased with the service of the employees and won’t go back, but I do appreciate being able to get fresh seafood locally. They make weekly runs to the coast and buy at the dock from local fishermen. More convenient than driving to Raleigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk