It’s not just Ammo

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The bow shop I use regularly is very low to out of arrows. Just bought a new bow and he has arrows ordered and doesn’t have any idea of an arrival. Here I was thinking of buying extra arrows and broad heads for my crossbow since ammo is so crazy. Oh well.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
You're right. It's EVERYTHING !
Hunting only guns, chokes, bullets, shotshells, good(or decent) camo..... you name it !
Not to mention atv parts.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Was watching a program over the weekend.
Guy that manages a big boat place.
Said this time of the year they normally have 80 to 100 boats.
He showed the lot, have maybe 10 boats. Then he said look at them, most no motors.
Cant get boats, but the killer is if you can you are like us waiting for motors. Several of them were c
Sold just waiting on a motor. That would suck you boat you waited on for 8 months or longer is in. Now the wait for a motor so you can use it.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
He showed the lot, have maybe 10 boats. Then he said look at them, most no motors.
Cant get boats, but the killer is if you can you are like us waiting for motors. Several of them were c
Sold just waiting on a motor. That would suck you boat you waited on for 8 months or longer is in. Now the wait for a motor so you can use it.

So I need to tune up my old 8 and 9.9 and capitalize?

4n6Tox

Button Buck
So is it hoarding, government conspiracy, or covid related production issues that is the root of all of the hunting/self defense shortages? Probably a combination of all three I guess.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns

My buddy got his new boat in 3 months.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
My buddy got his new boat in 3 months.
Yep for sure there are some brands that are not so far behind.
May be his is more of a spec boat. Just what I see and here the glass boats are easier to find.
I hope to have my new boat this month or next.
Lucked into one that was ordered by the dealer but not sold and they just changed that one to fit my needs. Bout 3 to 4 months can't remember when I ordered it.
All the other dealers did not want to place order and had no seaarks to sell like I wanted or quoted 2022 delivery date.

Its all over the place.

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
I went through my hunting clothes in one closet this weekend....To say I have an abundance is an understatement...then the wife saw some of my ammo...on a good note she says at least we will not starve lol...

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
then the wife saw some of my ammo...on a good note she says at least we will not starve lol...

If the entire food supply were to collapse and the current hoarding mentality continues, there is not enough wildlife to sustain the pressure that would come. America’s wildlife resources would not sustain the entire population.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Lack of travel, both personal (vacations) and professional (less driving to work) combined with people not eating lunch out every day and having to buy "office cloths" for the last year has put a lot of money back in the pockets of those who have not lost work.. that money is being spent on discretionary items and that is driving up demand beyond the capacity of the mfgs. in a lot of industries. Ford and GM are shutting plants down because they can't get integrated circuit chips.. I am telling customers every day that their new Laptop order is on a 60 business day lead time due to component shortages (PC demand WW has spiked by 50% in the last year)

Only the folks banking on the demand staying this high long enough to build/convert factories and then recover that cost will be increasing capacity.. and that is, in many cases, a several year proposal. My guess is that shortages will continue to be in play through 2021 at least.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Lack of travel, both personal (vacations) and professional (less driving to work) combined with people not eating lunch out every day and having to buy "office cloths" for the last year has put a lot of money back in the pockets of those who have not lost work.. that money is being spent on discretionary items and that is driving up demand beyond the capacity of the mfgs. in a lot of industries. Ford and GM are shutting plants down because they can't get integrated circuit chips.. I am telling customers every day that their new Laptop order is on a 60 business day lead time due to component shortages (PC demand WW has spiked by 50% in the last year)

Only the folks banking on the demand staying this high long enough to build/convert factories and then recover that cost will be increasing capacity.. and that is, in many cases, a several year proposal. My guess is that shortages will continue to be in play through 2021 at least.
My bet is that we shortages of many high demand items well into 2022 and even beyond

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
If the entire food supply were to collapse and the current hoarding mentality continues, there is not enough wildlife to sustain the pressure that would come. America’s wildlife resources would not sustain the entire population.
Surely you understand survival of the fittest...nothing to contribute...In two months time most of the cities would collapse and everyone starve out....except those that can protect what they need to survive...

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
Between the pandemic and all the nuts on the left,and riots last year the demand for anything that is related to survival or rural living is going to be high for years to come.