It’s Flounder Time!

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
I have killed hogs with a knife. Most of them with a folding Gerber Gator pocket knife. Had a lot of fun doing it but it’s not as big of a deal as people make it out to be.

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
I've been hog hunting bare-handed with dogs.
Here's a hard and fast lesson about that..... when you grab him, you better want him !
'Cause you got him, and can't let go !!!!🤪🤪🤪
You are correct. There ain't no way to half ass grab a hog . All or nothing. As for gigging flounder , commercial season should be good and interesting haul in the morning.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
You are correct. There ain't no way to half ass grab a hog . All or nothing.

Yep, for sure.
It's kind'a like pregnancy..... either you are or, you ain't.

Them hogs.... you trust the dogs and you HAD BETTER do your job. You don't and you may get hurt, bad.
That man's dog or dogs get hurt because of you, you just might end up dead. Or, just hurt alot worse ! With a helluva walk back to your truck, car, hospital.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That’s mighty big words for someone who puts crappie in a taco……………….😂😂
You make a good point.

Terrible things to say about a flounder…..yet i do believe that the crappie is known for its delicate texture and non-fishy flavor.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Lost a 22-24" fish tonight....went to stick it and it tried to take off. Got it up and when I went to stick the stringer in it thrashed and got off. Fairly confident it will live because it was a straight meat shot.

Got another buddy his first gigged fish tonight though so all was not lost.

cheapdate

Eight Pointer
Someone I know speculated that he thought recreational fishermen keeping flounder out of season and over the daily limit is rampant. I think the potential fine and court costs simply don't make the illegal fish worth it to most people. However, I don't know how much a person would be looking at for a flounder caught out of season or over the limit. I tried searching the internet, but didn't find much. Does anyone happen to know what the fine plus court cost of an illegal flounder would be, or can you direct me to where I can find that information?

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Someone I know speculated that he thought recreational fishermen keeping flounder out of season and over the daily limit is rampant. I think the potential fine and court costs simply don't make the illegal fish worth it to most people. However, I don't know how much a person would be looking at for a flounder caught out of season or over the limit. I tried searching the internet, but didn't find much. Does anyone happen to know what the fine plus court cost of an illegal flounder would be, or can you direct me to where I can find that information?
I have no idea what the fine is but I'm trying to remember the last time I saw a GW at either a ramp or on the water in my area of the Neuse. Given that scarcity I'd bet that "fudging" the rules is more prevalent than most would like to think...

cheapdate

Eight Pointer
Someone I know speculated that he thought recreational fishermen keeping flounder out of season and over the daily limit is rampant. I think the potential fine and court costs simply don't make the illegal fish worth it to most people. However, I don't know how much a person would be looking at for a flounder caught out of season or over the limit, so I actually don't know. I tried searching the internet, but didn't find much. Does anyone happen to know what the fine plus court cost of an illegal flounder would be, or can you direct me to where I can find that information?

I have no idea what the fine is but I'm trying to remember the last time I saw a GW at either a ramp or on the water in my area of the Neuse. Given that scarcity I'd bet that "fudging" the rules is more prevalent than most would like to think...
An old game warden once told me: "You'll never see a game warden until you're wrong."

TH80

Eight Pointer
I’ve asked around about the fine but no one I’ve talked to knows. I know there’s some extra fish kept but I don’t think it’s as many as you’d think with the stupid 1 fish limit. I know I haven’t seen the GW waiting at the ramp like the last 2 seasons.

cheapdate

Eight Pointer
I’ve asked around about the fine but no one I’ve talked to knows. I know there’s some extra fish kept but I don’t think it’s as many as you’d think with the stupid 1 fish limit. I know I haven’t seen the GW waiting at the ramp like the last 2 seasons.
thanks for asking around.