It’s Flounder Time!

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Flounder regs create almost as many outlaws as the two buck rule did.

Did it really change anything? The same ones breaking the law now were breaking the law with a 4 buck limit. Most people obeying the law will keep at it. Most breaking the law will keep at it.

I would agree that misinformed/uninformed people may also break the law on the two buck limit. I think the flounder rules have honestly been marketed more than deer rules.

In all honesty, i hadnt thought a thing of the two buck limit until I read your comment. I now remember it but evidently it was something that had not stuck in my mind.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Finally connected with that elusive doormat...pics to come. Missed 2 that would have ended my night.

I did see the largest track I've ever seen in my years of gigging....200+ inch deer equivalent imo

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
There are no flounder on the NC coast ! Ya'll keep showing these pictures and you and the season will be cancelled !
Follow the science. Follow the science.🤣

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
Looks like the commercial sector bitched enough for them to open back up...

Must be nice
It’s leftover quota because they closed the commercial season before it was caught. Also it is only going to open for gigging and hook and line, no nets, with a 50 fish per day for four days or until they think it is getting close to the TAC.

Commercial gillnetters got to fish for 2 nights in most of the areas and 6 nights in the other areas.

Yeah, it must be real frigging nice.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
It’s leftover quota because they closed the commercial season before it was caught. Also it is only going to open for gigging and hook and line, no nets, with a 50 fish per day for four days or until they think it is getting close to the TAC.

Commercial gillnetters got to fish for 2 nights in most of the areas and 6 nights in the other areas.

Yeah, it must be real frigging nice.

So does that mean the rec side should get a mulligan since yesterday was literally a wash?

Sounds like there are plenty of fish out there to go around.

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
So does that mean the rec side should get a mulligan since yesterday was literally a wash?

Sounds like there are plenty of fish out there to go around.
Reality……..When DMF comes out with the recreational numbers, they will say that recreational went way over their quota. As a result next years recreational season will be shortened.

IMO……. There shouldn’t even be a recreational “season”. Establish a daily limit and let y’all keep them whenever. Their data is horse :donk:donk:donk:donk.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Reality……..When DMF comes out with the recreational numbers, they will say that recreational went way over their quota. As a result next years recreational season will be shortened.

IMO……. There shouldn’t even be a recreational “season”. Establish a daily limit and let y’all keep them whenever. Their data is horse :donk:donk:donk:donk.

I agree with you 100%

I did what I could and managed to get less than 10 myself. The other 5 license holders in my immediate family combined for a total of 0.

Their data is nothing but an uneducated guess...this whole thing is nothing but :donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk politics