ISS

Clark

Ten Pointer
International Space Station will be visible from central NC on Dec 17 at 6:46 - 6:53 am. This is the Sat opener for the third split, so I've guessing a few of us will be out there, and the weather looks good for viewing. It will be the brightest and fastest light in the sky (that does not have flashy lights), moving from SW to NE and be 89 degreees (straight up) about 6:49. In case there are no ducks to look at, as I did say central NC.....

Uwharrieman

Ten Pointer
International Space Station will be visible from central NC on Dec 17 at 6:46 - 6:53 am. This is the Sat opener for the third split, so I've guessing a few of us will be out there, and the weather looks good for viewing. It will be the brightest and fastest light in the sky (that does not have flashy lights), moving from SW to NE and be 89 degreees (straight up) about 6:49. In case there are no ducks to look at, as I did say central NC.....
Just "re-upped" for another year of notices.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I was looking last night - not sure if we saw it or not. Saw Venus? and some aircraft (red flashing lights), and one other bright something but it didn’t seem to move much.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I was looking last night - not sure if we saw it or not. Saw Venus? and some aircraft (red flashing lights), and one other bright something but it didn’t seem to move much.
Oops.

Just noticed it was am, not pm. No wonder we didn’t see it. We were skinning one out and shut the lights out to look ☹️

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
dang, I saw this and meant to look for it. I was going up a tree in my climber and checked my phone when i got settled. 5 min too late :(

Clark

Ten Pointer
For tomorrow morning, based on Greensboro location
Mon Dec 19, 6:46 AM Visible 6 minutes. Appears 10 degrees above W Disappears 10 degrees NNE. Max height 29 degrees so it will not cross straight up like the last one.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Had a treat tonight while watching the space station. Just as it was coming into view a shooting star illuminated the sky. Was my son’s first time seeing one. ISS was visible for about 8 minutes.

Clark

Ten Pointer
Had a great view last week, wife even came out on the deck with me towatch.
I'm not scheduled for a good view until next month. At which time it will be cloudy again. Like with rocket launches. :rolleyes:

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Saw the panels without binos from about peak straight up until the moon. Once it passed the moon it disappeared about halfway from there to horizon.

Clark

Ten Pointer
Good look if you are up hunting...
(SpotTheStation)
Time: Thu May 11 5:31 AM
Visible: 7 min
Max Height: 64 degrees
Appears: NW, Disappears: ESE

.35Rem

Eight Pointer
I’ve seen that before, never realized it was the ISS instead of a faint satellite or piece of space junk. Kinda cool to think there’s actually humans in it.

Clark

Ten Pointer
Good look tonite, weather permitting.

(SpotTheStation) Time: Thu Jun 01 9:24 PM, Visible: 6 min, Max Height: 62 degrees, Appears: NW, Disappears: SE