ISO deer hunting lease

Andrewd

Six Pointer
Looking for a lease or club. Around Randolph, Chatham, Davidson, Moore. Looking for still hunting. Thank you

Southern

Ten Pointer
Yep, that is what I keep telling everybody. Price had been 22 per acre but if somebody offered more, guess what, that is what it was worth evidently! Sorry you missed out.

Ex Military

Eight Pointer
Yep, that is what I keep telling everybody. Price had been 22 per acre but if somebody offered more, guess what, that is what it was worth evidently! Sorry you missed out.
Well, I guess some people have more money than sense as the saying goes. Lol. And yea i know, if they have the money to spend, why not.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Well, I guess some people have more money than sense as the saying goes. Lol. And yea i know, if they have the money to spend, why not.

I'm always surprised by how low the lease rates are. I'm looking at some property for purchase. If I leased it, I may make a little over $1000. At that rate, it'll take over 100 years to recover the purchase price if I ignore the property taxes.

Ex Military

Eight Pointer
I'm always surprised by how low the lease rates are. I'm looking at some property for purchase. If I leased it, I may make a little over $1000. At that rate, it'll take over 100 years to recover the purchase price if I ignore the property taxes.
What part of NC are you in ?

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns

Nobody owns land for the sole purpose of leasing to hunters. Hunting leases for the most part are on land utilized for another purpose; farmed, residence, planted for lumber, or a long term investment to sell when value increase. Leasing an unused asset is just another means to reducing the burden of ownership.

Ex Military

Eight Pointer
Nobody owns land for the sole purpose of leasing to hunters. Hunting leases for the most part are on land utilized for another purpose; farmed, residence, planted for lumber, or a long term investment to sell when value increase. Leasing an unused asset is just another means to reducing the burden of ownership.
That’s rite but there are people that lease land strictly for hunting and that’s their sole reason for buying land cause they know, if it’s good hunting land that people out here would pay top dollar for it.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
That’s rite but there are people that lease land strictly for hunting and that’s their sole reason for buying land cause they know, if it’s good hunting land that people out here would pay top dollar for it.

No, they buy land to re sell when it’s profitable. In the meantime they squeeze every penny they can out of the lemon to offset cost of ownership.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Leasing land is only gonna get worse in NC and in SC.... unfortunately.
Folks would rather spend 40k for a truck, 300k on a house and 14k for a UTV but then be forced to pay insane lease prices so they can get away from their 1/2 acre lot on the weekends.
People have no choice but to pay it.
Like the guys who told me they had permission to hunt on the 76 acres beside me up in Rockingham County 2 weeks ago. They showed up with 3 side by side UTVs. I bet those 3 cost over 55k all together.... I paid 68,500 for 35 acres for some prime Rockingham County hunting land which gave me access and permission to another 250 acres of my neighbors property.
Some folks need to rethink their priorities if you wish to go hunting in NC.
Hunting in NC is gonna get harder and more expensive in the near future.

Last edited:

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If someone is buying land for the sole reason of leasing the hunting rights out, they are an absolute fool.

Leasing hunting rights is purely additional income to lessen the burden on the wallet.

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Leasing land is only gonna get worse in NC and in SC.... unfortunately.
Folks would rather spend 40k for a truck, 300k on a house and 14k for a UTV but then be forced to pay insane lease prices so they can get away from their 1/2 acre lot on the weekends.
People have no choice but to pay it.
Like the guys who told me they had permission to hunt on the 76 acres beside me up in Rockingham County 2 weeks ago. They showed up with 3 side by side UTVs. I bet those 3 cost over 55k all together.... I paid 68,500 for 35 acres for some prime Rockingham County hunting land which gave me access and permission to another 250 acres of my neighbors property.
Some folks need to rethink their priorities if you wish to go hunting in NC.
Hunting in NC is gonna get harder and more expensive in the near future.
Had the exact conversation with a man living in. $459 k house driving a $60k dollar truck wondering how I spent 5K on a lease

Andrewd

Six Pointer
Still looking. I’m having a hard time getting people to respond. They will place an add then will no answer back when you message them.

HarryNC

Eight Pointer
Still looking. I’m having a hard time getting people to respond. They will place an add then will no answer back when you message them.
People are funny. There's a boat I was interested in, posted on Craigslist. The ad had been out there for about 6 weeks. I called the number listed on the add several times, left a voice mail, and never got a response. If the boat was sold (or lease is no longer available), take the add down, for crying out loud.