• Just a heads up for those of you who use Tapatalk to access NCH&F. I will be removing support for that app effective immediately. The reasons are many, but the primary one is that it allows spammers to post here without first being authorized to do so. This, coupled with their increasingly aggressive and invasive ads and pop ups, has caused us to remove them from the site entirely.

ISO Compact/Mid size SUV

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Daughter is in search of a SUV …..she has around 6k to spend
Ford Edge, 4Runner , Nissan Murano, something along those lines….under 200k miles

Let me know if you have something! Thanks

agsnchunt

Six Pointer
Ford Edge, 4Runner , Nissan Murano, something along those lines….under 200k miles

not the typical choice for most of us rednecks, but might be worth looking into one-of the Subarus too.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
not the typical choice for most of us rednecks, but might be worth looking into one-of the Subarus too.
Negative ghost rider…….might as well get her a Prius…….just can’t bring my self to buy one of them Subaru’s…..their commercials make me want to puke……

agsnchunt

Six Pointer
Negative ghost rider…….might as well get her a Prius…….just can’t bring my self to buy one of them Subaru’s…..their commercials make me want to puke……
I’m laughing while typing. I think they’re awesome cars, but…

Also, I use “negative ghostrider” about 50 times a week.

LOL

agsnchunt

Six Pointer
If they made the forester in a V6 I’d have one In a min.
I'm an engine idiot, but I *think* that booster engine is supposed to be pretty awesome.

edit: Just noticed that the ghost of Steve Jobs thinks a boxster engine is a booster engine.

Last edited:

DarrinG

Six Pointer
Hey, I hauled several deer home in the back of a Subie Forester AWD. Dang good hunting rig. :) Put you a couple "Coexist" and "Peace" stickers on the back glass and nobody will think youre hunting when you leave it parked along the game lands roads (unless they look in the back glass and see all the bloodstained carpet...:)

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well, spent the day trying to find a car like she had…… prices are way above what the ladies insurance is offering…… sent them comps and the NADA value…. No help…..turning it all over to a lawyer tomorrow

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Appreciate those looks and they would fit the money they offered…… the rub is she had a perfect 2010 Edge with 160,000 miles …. And it’s all but impossible to find one you can buy for the 6k they offer…. Prices are really high right now….. not my daughters fault…… the lawyers can hash all that out

HotSoup

Twelve Pointer
Hey, I hauled several deer home in the back of a Subie Forester AWD. Dang good hunting rig. :) Put you a couple "Coexist" and "Peace" stickers on the back glass and nobody will think youre hunting when you leave it parked along the game lands roads (unless they look in the back glass and see all the bloodstained carpet...:)
Yeah....they will think you are just another one of the guys out there. (This is a thing, my cousin is a gw and told me about it. He said they meet up in the woods around the lake)

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Good luck with the insurance companies. When I was rear ended in my Chevy 2500 and the frame was bent Allstate completely ripped me off! Payed to have frame bent back instead of totaling it and I had to fight for every penny of the diminished value claim they tried not to pay at all. Had comps, supporting paperwork and got next to nothing.

What insurance company are you dealing with? Heard Allstate, Statefarm are the worst, Erie and Farm bureau are about the fairest. Every time I hear the “your in good hands with Allstate” slogan I want to puke.

Last edited:

agsnchunt

Six Pointer
they made the Outback with a 3.6 l, 256hp , towing 2700lbs.
HP numbers are nuts these days.

I know some of the old engines had a lot of torque. We had an F100 with a straight six in the 80s that would tow city hall (and the bed would sit on the axle when 1/2 full of firewood, LOL).

My ‘03 Exploder claimed 210 (I thought i remembered it was more like 190) HP when new.

A new Honda Accord would blow the doors off an 80s Ferrari 308.

agsnchunt

Six Pointer
Good luck with the insurance companies. When I was rear ended in my Chevy 2500 and the frame was bent Allstate completely ripped me off! Payed to have frame bent back instead of totaling it and I had to fight for every penny of the diminished value claim they tried not to pay at all. Had comps, supporting paperwork and got next to nothing.

What insurance company are you dealing with? Heard Allstate, Statefarm are the worst, Erie and Farm bureau are about the fairest. Every time I hear the “your in good hands with Allstate” slogan I want to puke.
I have a theory of inverse quality to advertising for insurance companies. If your insurer advertises all day, they’re nowhere to be found when the shootin starts.

I’ve never seen an ad from my insurer, they don’t send me newsletters or emails, just a bill. But they have taken care of me when things go bad.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

Usaa

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Nationwide has always done me good. Other than paying for it like you do all insurance I do not feel like they screwed me..
They say replace it or fix it and send them the bill.

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Nationwide has always done me good. Other than paying for it like you do all insurance I do not feel like they screwed me..
They say replace it or fix it and send them the bill.
I've had good experience with Nationwide as well.

Papa_Smurf

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I've had good experience with Nationwide as well.
Same here as well. If I've ever needed them, they've been there. I'm sure others are cheaper, but i haven't shopped around due to the service that nationwide has provided.

LIZZRD

Six Pointer
Farm Bureau here also, unfortunately had 2 claims the last 4 years so our premium is up... good service though.
Either way in all my years , you always lose $ one way or the other, your fault or not.

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Nationwide was twice the money of what I'm paying now. Screw Nationwide.
That's interesting. I've had 3 claims with Nationwide and came out better than I ever expected with zero hassle. Out of curiosity because so many here are happy with USAA, I compared my Nationwide premium with theirs and USAA was a little cheaper but not enough to tempt me to switch.