Is Ammo Coming Back ?

6mm250

Eight Pointer
The last couple days I went to the walmart they had a little bit of ammo on the shelf.

Not much but a little bit is more than they've been having which was none.

Is ammo coming back or was that just a fluke ?

Mike

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
It seems like it is a little bit. In my travels recently most of the places I have stopped had at least on of the items I was looking for. Ammo seek shows the prices coming down to around $0.50 for 9mm from a high of around 70. I follow some independent ammo manufacturers and they are still complaining about sourcing components.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
I've noticed places that have ammo limits on how many boxes a person can purchase have been increasing their limits.

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
I was in the Greenville Academy around 4 Saturday and they had a lot of 22, 223, 10mm, 7.62, 00 buck, and various rifle calibers

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
I don’t want to jinx myself but I noticed guns are becoming more readily available as well. I hope to find a select few with better sales prices.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
I don’t want to jinx myself but I noticed guns are becoming more readily available as well. I hope to find a select few with better sales prices.
I sure hope so. I’m subscribed on a ton of in stock notifications for a few builds and I haven’t gotten anything in months.

Wncbowhunter

Ten Pointer
Have gotten some notifications from a few distributors in the past couple of weeks, but I am not that desperate yet. Still too much $$$ for my taste. Would go back the next day and said ammo is out of stock again. So someone is still paying $3.00 a round for rifle ammo. Just not me, yet.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I think Academy Sports has it here during the week if you are there when they open the doors, but I doubt my employer is going to let me take off for a half hour mid morning to go check and see what came in. Other than that, you can get some oddball ammo if you show up late..........

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Went to cabela's this weekend. Only two boxes of shotgun ammo on the shelf. Absolutely zero components. I don't see it getting any better yet. It's crazier than the secondary market for bourbon.

BJordan

Eight Pointer
It's definitely coming back. I've noticed price coming down slightly and availability going up. I've been passing up quite a bit lately as I'm looking for specific brand/type of ammo and not just whatever is available in my calibers.

It's still a real challenge to find anything specific but just finding 9mm, 5.56, 308 and all other standard calibers is pretty easy right now.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Plenty of 9mm, 22 LR, 5.56 and various other calibers in stock at Academy in Apex/Cary.

They also have Large Magnum Pistol primers for $6/sleeve...2 max.

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I bought some ammo today and the store i frequent has changed some limits on boxes you can buy. PM me for details as I dont want to post on the open forum.

Jake NFC

Twelve Pointer
I saw Winchester ball ammo at Sportsman Warehouse last week for 18.00 per box. Limit 2. That is the best price I have seen in a long time.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
38 357 9mm and 380 in stock at cabelas and BP the last few days along with some rifle like 243 308 and others. Not a lot but it seems to be trickling back.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
My area also seems to remain an ammo desert.
All I care about is my hunting rounds in correct grain weight.
I may be out of luck awhile.