IQ Bow Sights

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
My dad bought my an IQ sight for Christmas, it seems nice but the pins are super small and don’t seem very bright. Is this something you get used to or maybe in an actual low light situation they look brighter than they do in my living room? Or maybe there’s a way to make them more visible?

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
My dad bought my an IQ sight for Christmas, it seems nice but the pins are super small and don’t seem very bright. Is this something you get used to or maybe in an actual low light situation they look brighter than they do in my living room? Or maybe there’s a way to make them more visible?
Try to pull the fiber from the pin a bit and get a lighter close so it mushrooms the fiber on the end. Makes it bigger.
Not sure what model you have but as I’m sure you know exposing fiber to the sun makes it brighter and appears larger.

I shoot a .29 pin for hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Try to pull the fiber from the pin a bit and get a lighter close so it mushrooms the fiber on the end. Makes it bigger.
Not sure what model you have but as I’m sure you know exposing fiber to the sun makes it brighter and appears larger.

I shoot a .29 pin for hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip I might try that. I’m not sure what size these are but the tip of the pin looks to be about half the size of what I’m used to. Just now when I was sighting it in outside the pins seemed very bright, but inside the house the fiber looks very dark even with the lights turned on.

Castle Oak 2

Six Pointer
Before you screw with the sight, take it outside at different times of the day and see what happens. Gauging its performance based on ambient light inside a room is not a good test of it's capabilities.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
I shoot an IQ sight and think they are awesome. You can get an external light for about $10 to mount to it to illuminate the pins brighter in low light but I've never had a problem seeing the pins on mine.

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer

As others pointed out, I think its more the pin size than it is the brand of sight. Most major sight brands make them in .10, .19 and .29. Pro's and con's to each of course, just depends on what you are used to- I like .19, best of both worlds IMO. Maybe you can change out the housing for a housing with larger size pins?