Intuition pays

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
I thought I would write a short summary of my hunt yesterday since a few unique things took place.
I was a little slow at work so after lunch I decided to head to the woods. I had been thinking about hunting a particular stand on an oak ridge in hopes of taking a doe to top off the freezer but more so because its a pretty place to sit this time of year. I walked all the way to the back of the property where the stand is and climbed in. Once I got up I stood there a minute before pulling my bow up and had a feeling that I should be in my other stand. The wind was at my back but they deer can come from anywhere so I'm not exactly sure what it was that made me feel that way. It was still early, about 2:15 so I climbed back down and headed to the other stand. I got settled in and it wasn't 20 mins before I heard a lot of commotion on the hillside across the creek and behind me. I could see deer shapes between the trees, I stood up in hopes they would cover the 200yds and head my way. They ended up doing just that, in no time 3 does trot right in front of me being herded by a buck. The lead doe enticed the buck to 11 yds directly in front of me, after a "bleeet" he took a few steps, recognized the sound and stopped broadside. Already at full draw I settled the pin, a little low to account for range and squeezed it off. The arrow tucked in just behind the shoulder, cut the top of the heart and instantly began laying out the red carpet. I watched him crash 80 yds away.
After a few photos I punched my second buck tag and loaded him up in the pack! I am Thankful for the season I've had and I look forward to reliving it through the meals it will provide.

The interesting things about this hunt....
This buck was 100% rutting hard. Black tarsals, wearing out the 3 does he was chasing. the timing pairs up perfectly with the rutting activity I observed at the end of November. It is almost exactly 28 days later.
I shot my first buck of the season from the same stand at 12 yds. I had been watching that buck since September and I have never seen this buck before.
I cannot recall a time where I had a feeling of changing something and it working out so perfectly.
Lastly a fun fact that the sum of the 3 animals I have taken this season the total yardage is 36 yds.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
mainly it would be wise if we always followed our intuition.
Great hunt, smart move. very nice deer.
Congratulations.