Interesting Turkey food??

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Seen and heard lots of different findingfrom Turkey crawls BUT never snails... found these in a gobbler this weekend

26314725-3303-4235-9F67-D243AF7E9A4A.jpegDA3CCEA0-8754-4DAD-BF2A-DC092A1CAC25.jpeg

locals said they had seen them in hens before likely eaten for egg production BUT never a gobbler. However it was extremely dry this year in S Texas and little food available. Actually rained some each day we were there and it was amazing to watch how quickly things began blooming and greening up

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Seen and heard lots of different findingfrom Turkey crawls BUT never snails... found these in a gobbler this weekend

View attachment 42407View attachment 42408

locals said they had seen them in hens before likely eaten for egg production BUT never a gobbler. However it was extremely dry this year in S Texas and little food available. Actually rained some each day we were there and it was amazing to watch how quickly things began blooming and greening up
There isn't much a turkey will turn down I used cut crawl open often found lots stuff from worms and grubs to hickory hulls. I seen pic somewhere of salamander may have been on this site. That is reason its hard for a turkey to starve in south

Castle Oak 2

Six Pointer
I love digging in turkey craws. I've seen frogs, tadpoles, cicadas, an entire jack-in-the-pulpit, spiders, snails, caterpillars and every seed known to man. They truly are a garbage disposal.