Interesting game land experience.....

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
I'm not a GL guy but since my gf is out of town and there is one right down the road so I hit it up.

Earlier I went by to see if there were any birds.... nope, nothing. Found 3 12ga and 2 20ga shells in the parking lot. Also picked up what hulls I could off the field.

As I was leaving a guy stops. He is in bird hunting gear so I ask him if he has been seeing any birds. He said yes....killed 13 last week. I thought, ok so I'll hit it up this evening and see what's up.

I go in and that guy plus another truck is parked there. I go in and the guy I saw earlier is in a decent spot. I ask him if he has seen anything, he said yes I killed those two and pointed towards the ground.

Laying on the ground are two mangled bluebirds. I have 0 doubt that the majority of his 13 from last week we're close to the same.

I went on to another field and sat down. Nothing....then all the sudden a war fires off. Bam bam bam bam bam....yep no plug. It's NOT the tweetie killer, it's another guy in the bottom of the field I'm sitting in.

Another 20 minutes and 3-4 guys fire off like they are in Argentina. I see 4-5 birds that are so high I don't even think they are doves. Keep in mind....I have 20/10 vision. Yes, they were THAT high.

All in all I saw 2 birds, both way beyond shooting height and never took my safety off. What an experience, don't think I'll be going back.

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Next time, tell them about this forum. Without you guys to have guided me when I was a new and stupid wannabe hunter, I'd probably be doing some of the same stupid things. I mean, stupider than the mistakes I did make.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
All I know is Ben Franklin was right..... the turkey is a better choice over the bald eagle. ;)

Forgot that part....heard a single shot, looked that way and saw a bald eagle flying away...not going to accuse but it was quite a coincidence.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have always been dumbfounded at how stupid, unethical and just complete clueless individuals that call themselves hunters.
It caused me to stop hunting when I was in my early teens. Just not worth getting shot for. Last straw was getting peppered while pheasant hunting.
I see all the negative posts about game wardens. But if you had to deal with so many worthless people, you'd be pissed too.

Clark

Ten Pointer
Ain't nothin, think of all of the Kildee's that died on opening day.....
A few decades ago, took a new guy dove hunting, It was slow so I walked to check out another field. Bad choice, as I heard him shooting a bit. Got back a couple hours later, and he was so proud of his 'doves'.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Haha. There's not too many people that I will willingly hunt around. I don't mind sharing camp with like minded people as long they don't mention any brokeback mtn stuff.
somebody needs to bring a banjo now...lol

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Next time, tell them about this forum. Without you guys to have guided me when I was a new and stupid wannabe hunter, I'd probably be doing some of the same stupid things. I mean, stupider than the mistakes I did make.

Yes please tell them to join this forum and post their GoPro videos of them putting the massacre on the blue jay population on YouTube and then share it on this forum 😭😂