Insta pot

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Mother got into wine other night and mailed Out me an insta pot from Amazon, lol

Anyone done a venison roast in one and have a recipe?

Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Mother got into wine other night and mailed be an insta pot from Amazon, lol

Anyone done a venison roast in one and have a recipe?
Wifes mom did the same thing. Showed up last week.
All I need is something else setting around when I can cook easier in my pressure cooker or smoker and stock pot.
Is what it is. Wife did chicken in it friday. Taste like boiled chicken.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
We have one too. Believe it or not it makes a fair 30 minute BBQ. The wife throws in a pork loin with her favorite dry rub, a few sliced onions and cooks it. Then she takes it out, pulls it apart, mixes in a bit of her favorite sauce (vinegar base) and bingo! Add a few buns, some coleslaw, hot sauce, and canned beans and you have a quick and easy dinner. I would say it is comparable to Smithfields or Moore's, if you like that stuff.

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
I cooked up some venison stew in mine this afternoon, in fact. I've had one a couple years and I find it a very handy little appliance. I like that it has a high heat setting that enables you to sear your meat before switching to pressure cook mode. Then, after tenderizing under pressure for 20-30 minutes, you can switch modes and lids and slow cook after adding veggies, etc. Instead of slow-cooking all day, you can have a dang good venison/beef stew ready to eat in an hour or two. Again, comes in handy quite often.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
love mine,,,,I only use as a pressure cooker and I am impressed with how it turns out,,,,I no longer use crockpot,,,,

even if I want to grill ribs,,I cook them some in the electric pressure cooker and then grill,,,,good stuff,,,

have made stews,,,cooked ribs,,,pork meat,,,etc

no specific recipe to pass,,,,for a roast I cook it in stages,,,long cooking stuff first,,,pressure cook a bit (10-12 min),,then add rest and cook additional time,,,,duration depends on ingredients and I just experiment,,,cook shorter and check and if it needs more put it back on

that then informs for next go around

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
There is a facebook group Instant Pot 101 for beginners. Great group! They make a crisper that works on the pot now too.

Reactions: dpc

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I steamed corn on the cob last night. Figured easy way for a trial run.

Did about crap my pants when I hit that button, thought it was going to launch off the counter, lol