Inshore fishing guides...

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
I'm thinking of going to the coast for a day or two from mid September to mid October and hiring a guide for a day of inshore fishing...Prefer to target puppy drum, trout and flounder...I've done most of my fishing around the upper Outer Banks and have never hired a guide...Any recommendations? Which area should I target? The Neuse? Pamilico? or down toward Wilmington, Ocean Isle??? Thanks!!!

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Id wait till the vote this month before booking. Makes no sense to pay to flounder fish to throw them back.

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Well, HotSoup, I have a motive...See, if things go as planned, I may buy a new boat early next year...I've fished all over the Chowan, Currituck, North River, etc but am intrigued with the southern part of the State...The wife is retired and she says we can pick up and go whenever I can...So, I want to learn a few tips from those that know the areas...I really would like to target the Neuse as she has family down there so we can visit and fish as well...I have family in Little Washington so the Pamlico works as well...Since we live in Asheboro these trips will be much closer than the areas on the Outer Banks that I know...

In other words, if I have to throw flounder back, so be it, I like puppy drum and trout as well... :)

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Great attitude to have. All kinds of catch and release fishing out there. Lord knows my largest investments in gear is centered around one particular fish I can’t keep even if I wanted to. I’ve never understood why flounder wasn’t one of them, with the better inshore fish available anyway.

JohnBoat

Banned
Well, HotSoup, I have a motive...See, if things go as planned, I may buy a new boat early next year...I've fished all over the Chowan, Currituck, North River, etc but am intrigued with the southern part of the State...The wife is retired and she says we can pick up and go whenever I can...So, I want to learn a few tips from those that know the areas...I really would like to target the Neuse as she has family down there so we can visit and fish as well...I have family in Little Washington so the Pamlico works as well...Since we live in Asheboro these trips will be much closer than the areas on the Outer Banks that I know...

In other words, if I have to throw flounder back, so be it, I like puppy drum and trout as well... :)

If that neuse/Pam is your target area I'd really suggest Mitchell Blake of fids IBX or Richard Andrews of Tar Pam guide service. Both have been featured on Carolina outdoor journal and I have heard great things about both. My dad has chartered with Mitchell before and said he was great.

It's a completely different fishery in that area because there are little to no tides. Water levels are mainly wind driven and the term "depth" is relative. 10 feet is really deep in fishing terms around those areas. Best way to learn fast is to higher a guide or know someone who fishes it a lot and go with them.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

you might want to try a randolph native that went to the salt. Captain Nick Nance. Works out of the chasin tails shop on atlantic beach.
he fishes for whatever is biting or his clients want to catch. lower nuese, morehead new bern, he dont care.
I knew of him when he was a pre teen whipping older bass fishermen up here.
Dave Stewart out of Oriental/ Minnesott is a long time nuese guide. knee deep charters is his company.
cant go wrong with either one.

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
It's a completely different fishery in that area because there are little to no tides. Water levels are mainly wind driven and the term "depth" is relative. 10 feet is really deep in fishing terms around those areas. Best way to learn fast is to higher a guide or know someone who fishes it a lot and go with them.

That's exactly what I grew up fishing on Currituck, have fished there over 50 years, it's all about that southwest wind and the wind tides as to where you fish...Here is a ramp at the Currituck Lighthouse, where I have put in many years, these pictures are taken just a few days apart...

Attachments

• IMG_0088.JPG
    IMG_0088.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0092.JPG
    IMG_0092.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0094.JPG
    IMG_0094.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 45

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Capt. Noah Lynk or Tanner Lynk of Noah's Ark Fishing Charters at Harkers Island is my choice for inshore/near shore fishing.

<>< Fish

bmassey

Button Buck
Allen jernigan all the way one of the best inshore guides ive ever seen biggest was 10.52

Attachments

• IMG_20190322_074910_330.jpg
    IMG_20190322_074910_330.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_2018-08-13-18-36-59.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-13-18-36-59.png
    552.2 KB · Views: 29

bowhnter88

Six Pointer
I'm thinking of going to the coast for a day or two from mid September to mid October and hiring a guide for a day of inshore fishing...Prefer to target puppy drum, trout and flounder...I've done most of my fishing around the upper Outer Banks and have never hired a guide...Any recommendations? Which area should I target? The Neuse? Pamilico? or down toward Wilmington, Ocean Isle??? Thanks!!!

I’ll guide you!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haulinbass

Four Pointer
Capt. Jot Owens, Carolina beach area

chef

Ten Pointer
Any one watching das boat on YouTube? The last episode got me wanting to take a spring striper trip. My wife and i in spring while it is cool half day afternoon trip preferably within 2 hours of Durham.

But, as I understand no more keeper stripers. How about flounder, spec or drum trips? Anybody got any recommendations on a reasonably priced guide? Just looking for a fun boat ride/fishing afternoon on a pretty spring day. Hopefully with a few pounds of fish at the end to take home.