Insane Public Water Duck Hunting Assault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Clark Purvis is the first one to cry if he hears a dog anywhere near the farm his father USED to own. No one from Gatlin ever goes near the place and he still raises hell. Funny how he thinks it's okay to get in a stranger's duck blind. Not condoning the assault , just find it rather ironic since I was told he claimed someone from Gatlin threatened him this past season.

He wasn't in someones duck blind, he was in a boat on public water.....

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Mark your calendars folks, lest we forget. He comes back up right after Thousand in Guilford Co. on Feb. 8 and Roach and Tuck in Person on Feb. 27.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Reading comments on Facebook and media sites.....I can’t believe how many people are defending this loon and saying the victims got what they deserved. SMH.....

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
Don't do steroids kids. I thought cocaine was a he'll of a drug!

I can't comment on cocaine, but I did have to take hormones to boost testosterone in 2008-2009 and I will say that if steroids are better than that I don't want to ever take them. I was benching 375 3-sets of 8 in a workout...and it did have a roid-rage effect! My blood pressure was off the charts...but on a good note we did end up with a son. :) A mighty big fellow at that! 8 years old, 61 inches tall and weighs 115 pounds...

As for the original post, the dude needs to serve some time and lose his license for good.

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
Reading comments on Facebook and media sites.....I can’t believe how many people are defending this loon and saying the victims got what they deserved. SMH.....

You would be surprised at how many people in Dare county think they have exclusive rights to the water there and any "west of 17" a#$%^&* gets what they deserve if something happens to them while they are there. Both in duck hunting and in surfing.

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
You would be surprised at how many people in Dare county think they have exclusive rights to the water there and any "west of 17" a#$%^&* gets what they deserve if something happens to them while they are there. Both in duck hunting and in surfing.
Have you ever even hunted in Dare County? We have have blind laws, you don't have a blind license but you keep badmouthing the people here. Or are you just badmouthing people again without any actual experience?

The blind laws here give the blind owner hunting rights to that blind and the water within 500 yards of it, so there's no thinking about that part, it's a law. If you break that law, you are asking for trouble just the same as if I was to try and hunt your impoundment.

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Breaking the law is one thing but there are people to call to enforce it. When you take matters in your own hands is when the problems start. What he did is wrong all day long. I mean you can't have people shaking in there boots to go east of I95. I go where I want when I want if it's legal I'm going to do it. No one will run me off. Again it's just a duck.

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
What he did is wrong all day long.
No kidding............. My post to Hyde is nothing to do with what Jarrod did. Hyde wants to bad mouth people in Dare County just because the jackass lives here. Funny thing is he learned to act like a idiot hunting in Tyrrell and Hyde County, the area he hunts and people there are notorious for crap like this.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
I've hunted waterfowl from Carteret Co to Dare Co and all points in between for 35 years. Hunted with some great people from all counties - Carteret, Craven, Pamlico, Beaufort, Hyde, Dare. Have run across a few @$$ hats, but few and far between. I have found that the bad apples are equally distributed in my travels. I don't care where this guy is from, or where he hunts/hunted....he is without a doubt in need of serious punishment, as long as the story holds true (which I believe it will).

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns

All the more reason for the judge and the court system to give him the maximum punishment allowed. Set an example, and let that example have teeth. Go easy on this guy and all it will do is embolden this type of behavior.

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
No kidding............. My post to Hyde is nothing to do with what Jarrod did. Hyde wants to bad mouth people in Dare County just because the jackass lives here. Funny thing is he learned to act like a idiot hunting in Tyrrell and Hyde County, the area he hunts and people there are notorious for crap like this.

Hi Wanchese, I realize there is a law in Dare and it is no secret that I really do not like it.. As I have posted many times I think it violates the NC Public Trust Doctrine and the NC constitution. Regardless it is the law and what I "think" does not matter.
My post about Dare is strictly I the context of the Dare wildlife Commission. I think I should be able to hunt like I do in Hyde - from Long Shoal River to Rose Bay depending on where I find birds, I use a boat blind and scissor rig.

Fixed blinds can be very limiting and a hazard to navigation (if destroyed and not replaced).

I have no animosity toward you or your fellow hunters, I just think everyone should be able to hunt Dare like they do Hyde. Maybe one day the law will change in the courts. I know it is unlikely in the legislature.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
This is the exact reason Dare and Currituck still have blind laws on the books...to minimize that kind of BS.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
This needs to be another thread but only if it can remain civil. Personally I don't think the blind laws have much to do with preventing these kinds of incidents no matter what the supporters of them try and say.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
So supporters of blind laws will go to the county commissioners and say you wouldn't have violence like this if you pass a blind laws ordinance?:confused:

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Hyde county blind laws are coming and this type of behavior just helps speed up the process.

Eventually, someone will take this through the courts...And it will be interesting to see what comes of that. I know a Minnesota fishing guide that appealed tribal netting laws at least through the MN Supreme Court (He lost.)

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
Hyde county blind laws are coming and this type of behavior just helps speed up the process.

Stanley, How do you know Hyde County Blind laws are coming. there are very few fixed blinds in Public water and those that are built do not last long. Bad weather usually causes them to last less than a year.
I do not think the people of Hyde support this. There do not seem to be a group of elitist &*%$##@ heads like there is in Dare.

I really would like for you to expose the source of your knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.