Induction Cooking

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Any of you guys cook on an induction stove?

Really want to get to what pans you use but induction is the first key part. We are remodeling our kitchen, I am moving from electric conduction over to induction. It is more efficient than gas with the same temp control and much less hassle. Only draw back is that it requires induction ready pots and pans.. My cast iron is the only thing I currently have that is induction ready.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hot pan is a hot pan:)

Sis uses All Clad stainless

Si, but how fast it gets hot and cool matters.. part of what makes cast iron good to cook with.. All Clad is one I am looking at.

Last edited:

mudflap

Ten Pointer
We have had a set of All Clad for 18 years, still looks as good as new. Its worth its price.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
All you need are stainless steel pans. Induction is neat. I have used them a fairly good amount. I'm not sure it's a great replacement for traditional burners. Please let us know how it works out. You definitely have great temperature control with induction.

I have the all clad copper core pans and love them. They are about 18 years old and should go for another 30. Those would be great induction pans.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
All you need are stainless steel pans. Induction is neat. I have used them a fairly good amount. I'm not sure it's a great replacement for traditional burners. Please let us know how it works out. You definitely have great temperature control with induction.

I have the all clad copper core pans and love them. They are about 18 years old and should go for another 30. Those would be great induction pans.

Thanks, what makes you think it might not be a good replacement for traditional electric besides the pans?

BTW I went with Demeyere over All Clad simply because I liked the welded handles and I read a lot about the shape of the current All Clad handles not being very good. I went Atlantis 7 layer, with the idea that I will never by another set of pans.. did not get a full set.. will have to add a few more as funds allow.

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
Induction has been less reliable and required more maintenance than traditional electric ranges or gas IME. I am a big of a gas range. Much better heat control than either electric or induction. Not that induction is bad. But it does take some getting used to. It takes some of the "feel" out of cooling.

kuranes

Button Buck
It's the best way to took IMO: heats cookware more evenly than gas, much easier to cleanup, boils water faster than any other stove. We love our induction range: had it for around 13 years without any problems.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It's the best way to took IMO: heats cookware more evenly than gas, much easier to cleanup, boils water faster than any other stove. We love our induction range: had it for around 13 years without any problems.

thanks, my new one is sitting in the garage in a box waiting on the remodel.. though I may bring it in and start using it ahead of that once my pans arrive :)

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Induction has been less reliable and required more maintenance than traditional electric ranges or gas IME. I am a big of a gas range. Much better heat control than either electric or induction. Not that induction is bad. But it does take some getting used to. It takes some of the "feel" out of cooling.

I know people say gas has better heat control but I never really noticed it. While it is easy to heat something fast with gas, I found it difficult to simmer a pot of chili on low heat without stirring often due to a hot spot on the pot. With electric, I could walk away for hours without worrying.