Increasing internet speeds with mobile modem

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
Where I live, the only viable internet options are CenturyLink DSL (max 6mpbs) or a mobile type carrier.
We've had CenturyLink for ~15 years, and its gradually gotten more inconsistent as the stuff has aged and they don't want to spend money to upgrade/replace.

My wife got a Tmobile gateway mobile modem earlier this year to try, and its done ok. Usually 10-15 mbps but a bit inconsistent as well.
I started looking into ways to improve reception, and came across a vid where a guy unhooked 2 of the internal antennas, and added an external directional antenna. I found the adapter pieces and an antenna on amazon, total cost was about $100.
took the modem apart this morning and added the leads with the coaxial adapters. Then mounted the antenna on an old satellite pole mount I had, and with the help of google earth, aimed it at the tower ~7 miles away.
After some adjustments and testing, we're consistently getting 60+mbps.
Able to stream hd college football on ESPN, while my son plays fortnite and my wife browses on her laptop.
Definitely worth the money and fairly easy to do.
I still have to run the wires in a more permanent fashion, but it works for now.

Snapchat-493648768.jpg
Snapchat-1115311275.jpg

Snapchat-1150482729.jpg