In the market for a new one

Metty

Four Pointer
I bought an almost new PSE Drive off archery talk that was in perfect shape. I cringed every time this season when I banged the cam on a tree or set it down and got dirt on it. I can’t imagine how much worse it would be if I dropped $1500 on a new mathews. I’m wanting to get an older Bear single cam now so I don’t worry too much about knocking it around.

Maybe others are alot more careful than me? Or just don’t care as much?

30/06

Twelve Pointer
What’s your DL? I have an Elite E35 taking up space that I’d part with. It’s 31 inch draw length. Been setting a while, it’s my BU bow, put on some new custom threads and you’re set.

DozerD

Six Pointer
I bought an almost new PSE Drive off archery talk that was in perfect shape. I cringed every time this season when I banged the cam on a tree or set it down and got dirt on it. I can’t imagine how much worse it would be if I dropped $1500 on a new mathews. I’m wanting to get an older Bear single cam now so I don’t worry too much about knocking it around.

Maybe others are alot more careful than me? Or just don’t care as much?
I’m careful to an extent, but equipment is meant to get used. It’s taken me 20 years of work to make a purchase like this. If i couldn’t afford it, I wouldn’t of bought it

Metty

Four Pointer
It was awesome for a few minutes, until I realized it just cost me $20 🤣

Yeah I thought the first one was cool, after the 3rd or 4th ruined carbon arrow the cool factor was over. I stopped shooting more than 3 arrows at a time because even if you don’t get a true Robin Hood it’s way to easy to bust knocks and mess up the back of the shaft

Metty

Four Pointer
I’m careful to an extent, but equipment is meant to get used. It’s taken me 20 years of work to make a purchase like this. If i couldn’t afford it, I wouldn’t of bought it

I agree…to an extent. It’s hard to justify a nice fancy bow that doesn’t kill deer any better than a beater old single cam when I know I’m clumsy and I might smack one of those cams into a tree or rock

I can afford whatever I want bow wise but it just doesn’t make sense. I think if I were shooting 3D or something where I knew I could keep it in decent shape, fine, but the woods are hard on gear.

To me it’s like knowing you need to haul gravel all the time. Does a brand new GMC haul gravel? Yeah, but so does a 1995 Chevy 1500 and when it gets wrecked in the process it’s not a big deal

DozerD

Six Pointer
I agree…to an extent. It’s hard to justify a nice fancy bow that doesn’t kill deer any better than a beater old single cam when I know I’m clumsy and I might smack one of those cams into a tree or rock

I can afford whatever I want bow wise but it just doesn’t make sense. I think if I were shooting 3D or something where I knew I could keep it in decent shape, fine, but the woods are hard on gear.

To me it’s like knowing you need to haul gravel all the time. Does a brand new GMC haul gravel? Yeah, but so does a 1995 Chevy 1500 and when it gets wrecked in the process it’s not a big deal
Good point!!