In-line set up help!!

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Getting ready to get my first inline ML, 20 years ago while i was a boy scout was the last time i fired a ML. Im not sure what all is required for setting up an inline,
what kind of sabots should i use?
what type of powder?
should i use a lube in the barrel before i load?
Also the ML I'm leaning toward getting is a Thompson Omega.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I would get an Encore you can use it for BP and then other barrels in just about anything you want.
They are great guns and you are not tied to BP only as you just change the barrels out.
I have one in 50 Cal and 45/70 also 300blkout and 308. All shooters.

cwcook68

Eight Pointer
I would contact Carlos at Eds gun shop in Vass N.C., he is really sharp when it comes to black powder guns and working up loads. (910) 692-7936

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
First, no, don't lube the bore on an inline...

Decide on your powder, I still use Goex FFF black powder as I use it in my flintlocks...
I sight in my buddies inlines with this and either a 240gr or 300gr .430 Hornady XTP with
the green Harvestor sabots...Most will group with either 80 or 85 grs of powder...Omegas
are known for having a tight bore so you might also try the crush rib sabots as well...

Here are a few sample targets from different guns I've sighted in lately...

StevesGun2.jpg

PerrysKnight.jpg

430300gr80FFFJPG.jpg

430240gr85gr777OmegaJPG.jpg

These are 4 different guns...

crittergitter

Ten Pointer
Muzzle loaders are more fun than a barrel of monkeys! When I got my inline and bought a ton of different sabots and bullets. I even borrowed some from friends. It was fun to try all of them out to figure out which shot the best with which load. Just experiment and you will figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using My big fat fingers.