Important Reminder

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Although we are all wore out from hunting season and depressed that it’s over...

Now is the most impactful time of the year for adding to your herds nutrition. They are worn out from the rut, stressed from hunting pressure, and lacking proper nutrition.

We put out 1000# of feed and a bunch of minerals (4 sites) this weekend

B3F9063A-86E8-423F-94E0-9A906EDEFE57.jpeg65DDFB90-1DAA-4797-AC58-9C545319D236.jpeg

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
What type feed. Was thinking about changing up. Put some licks out in Dec. Plan a few larger sites soon.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
What type feed. Was thinking about changing up. Put some licks out in Dec. Plan a few larger sites soon.
High protein is best but carbs are needed also during this cold.

We blend 50% corn and 50% soybeans OR protein pellets.

Currently using 16” protein calf/cattle starter pellets = it’s much cheaper.

Supposed to get a load of soybeans this week

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
The idea is build back their muscles and fat now so that when they start growing antlers (which is springtime) the nutrients they receive then from greenup etc doesn’t have to build back muscles and fat BUT rather go towards their antler growth

bag12day

Six Pointer
Contributor
Dical has got hard to find.
I have a custom recipe I make up and I get the manager at Southern States to bring in the Di cal. Usually if they don't have some at warehouse in Creedmoor they can get it in a few days. The rest of the stuff is pretty much in stock.

buckman84

Eight Pointer
I will put out some Lucky Buck and Trophy Rocks in late Feb early March.
Not sure how much it helps but figure it won't hurt.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk
Just put some lucky buck and a couple trophy rocks out yesterday. Also mixed in a bag of big 6 mineral salt.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
If the Bears wouldn't tear up a feeder I would set some out like those.....they look nice!

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
If the Bears wouldn't tear up a feeder I would set some out like those.....they look nice!
They haven’t torn but 1 feeder up so far... and that’s because a 400# boar likes to climb into it and sit.

Now ground blinds are a different story