Imox Herbicide PSA

DCD77

Four Pointer
Just wanted to let everyone know about Imox if you don’t already. Imox can be sprayed on clover, alfalfa and chicory for broadleaf weeds and grass. I sprayed my clover plots a week and a half ago and it works. Nothing but clover left. It has to be sprayed in the spring while weeds are young. It’s a generic Raptor. A whole lot cheaper.

bag12day

Six Pointer
Contributor
Thanks for the heads up. I have been looking for something for my crimson clover plots and this looks like the ticket. I may be a bit too late to get the weeds now what do you think? I ordered a quart from keystone just to have on hand.

DCD77

Four Pointer
I would give it a try. Most of my weeds in untreated areas are still green and growing. For as little Imox as you have to use, it’s worth a shot

para4514

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Thanks for the heads up. I have been looking for something for my crimson clover plots and this looks like the ticket. I may be a bit too late to get the weeds now what do you think? I ordered a quart from keystone just to have on hand.

Not sure how much benefit you will get applying weed control over crimson at this point in the year. It should be going dormant before long anyway. Most of mine shot up ahead of the weeds and is currently blooming. You might want to consider allowing the warm season weeds to come on up providing turkey brooding cover as well as a fallow cover and food source for deer and rabbits.

para4514

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Go figure, "progress". I would venture to guess that our lifestyles today put us in contact with hundreds if not thousands of man made chemicals each day. This is not even counting "natural" things that humans have genetically engineered "to better fit our needs". Plastics in our coffee makers, foams in our furniture, various compounds in our electronics, synthetic medications we are pretty much bombarded with man made chemicals. God has surly blessed us with all we need to "survive", but who among us just wants to survive in this day and age. I agree with you completely that is it not the best idea to use herbicides. In fact, my two latest posts promoted decreased use of herbicides. But, I am not sure that blaming herbicide use for the rise in cancer is a fair proclamation when we are surrounded my man made chemical 24/7.