I'll just leave this here...

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
I will never understand the butthurt some people get about the dang SItka gear. It isn't the first high priced duck gear. IT won't be the last. Lots of people that have Yeti's don't get all up in arms when someone makes a comment about that. Or Benelli's, or Patternmaster Chokes, or any other number of discretionary items. Its nice stuff. Its expensive stuff. And in an age when it seems like many people wouldn't go duck hunting if they weren't allowed to post an instagram photo to prove how badass they are, you have to see the humor in it.
Don't speak ill of Yeti! Hey @Mr.Gadget get in here!

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
I wear Sitka but none of these posts/comments have bothered me. It’s good stuff, just expensive. I have a friend who gets it at cost so it’s cheaper than Drake, Columbia etc. Carry on.

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
The same taxidermist who mounted the fellas Owl. Are you getting a dead mount? Or maybe all the birds of prey on one strap?
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not??? Anyway, this duck was coming right into my X, when my quack stick barked! Got him in my Yeti and headed to the taxi.

wl704

Ten Pointer
Saw this meme today... which of you owns this page?
2d77612c00c1729c27ebe2dc7b786932.jpg

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not??? Anyway, this duck was coming right into my X, when my quack stick barked! Got him in my Yeti and headed to the taxi.
There was a guy on the main forum who thought he could get an Owl mounted. It was a joke. I’m aware you didn’t actually shoot an Eagle nor did you desire to take it to a taxidermist

CBD21

Eight Pointer
Wow @Tipmoose, bet you didn’t see it turning into this???

I don’t wear it because I can’t justify the expense for no more than I hunt but I understand 92xj reasoning. I have buddy’s that wear it but they also hunt 100+ days a year in the US and Canada and they wear Duluth trading co and Sitka because it’s the only clothing theyve found that don’t wear out.

92xj reasoning behind Sitka is like why I support mossy oak. It ain’t the Camo, it’s the way they conduct business and what they represent in the outdoors. Allbeit my support for mossy oak is much cheaper. Lol

That picture is exactly what I picture every time I see a flat bill and face paint frat guy wanna be standing beside a tailgate.
You mean flat bills, facepaint and barrel stickers aren’t cool? Well dang I’ve got some changes to make for my pics.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
A couple years ago I was at a boat ramp taking my boat out and 3 young 'flat bill wearing, face painted, hail call blasting, Sitka wearing duck shooters' came pulling up in their boat. Now I make it a personal policy to avoid talking to anyone at the boat ramp.....but these young duck commanders insisted on engaging in conversation......they asked us how we had done and we informed them.....and we asked them likewise and they said "we had a spectacular day, we got 3 limits of 'black ducks'" I replied that sounds pretty good......and before I could get away from them they just insisted on showing off their trophies to us......I turned around and all 3 of them pulled up a strap full of commerants......I did my very best not to laugh out loud but I failed miserably....... The future of the United States sure is bright! Who knew Sitka and flat billed hats could make you such a duck killing machine! I really wish I had taken a picture.

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
Where are all of the "flat billers" and Raleigh Riff Raff going to go now that "Dare to Hyde" is not offering duck hunting trips anymore? Scarcity of places to show off Sitka. Two Hyde sound hunting operations are not running parties this year.

I do not have Sitka Gear, cannot afford retail. Hear it is nice stuff. Hope people will start putting it on Craig's List instead of letting it hang in the closet. Maybe they will sell it to finance a trip to Canada where they can shoot a lot and post awesome pictures.

I hope 92xj can get a grip - public employees made a choice as to where they work, should not get the special treatment.
They get great retirements and get to hunt full time far sooner than most private sector employees.

Saw Froggy at Big Trout this week, he is wearing Sitka, and, killing ducks. Can it get more in style than that?

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
Damn this thread has me literally laughing out loud ???. Nothing funnier to me than the “I’m not butt hurt, I’m just educating” crap ???

And Colekira you’re killing me ???

Greenhorn

Six Pointer
The Saturday before the last split was an absolute joke. Personally, I try not to judge people based on clothing. I try not to judge in general b/c there are plenty of slimeballs out there that appear to be upstanding citizens and rough necks that are good as gold. With that stated, that Saturday before the split was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever witnessed. Had a group of 5 people in 1 boat set up 100 yards away. They blasted anything that moved. I generally don't shoot ruddy ducks, hen buffies, etc. They shared no such discrimination. They have a 50hp motor and they set up in the same place everytime.....and we have a permanent blind on private land. I have even talked to them nicely and given them tips on where else they can go b/c THEY HAVE A BOAT BLIND. Hey man, bluebills are crossing that point over there every morning. No one has hunted it all year (b/c YOU NEED A BOAT BLIND TO HUNT IT).....so go over there and you will be on ducks. Nope, same spot every time. Getting back to last Saturday. Witnessed a boat riding around blaring rap music. Saw 3 cormorants flying high and the guys on the other side of the bay start blowing a mallard call and then shooting commences. I came home pretty frustrated that morning.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The Saturday before the last split was an absolute joke. Personally, I try not to judge people based on clothing. I try not to judge in general b/c there are plenty of slimeballs out there that appear to be upstanding citizens and rough necks that are good as gold. With that stated, that Saturday before the split was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever witnessed. Had a group of 5 people in 1 boat set up 100 yards away. They blasted anything that moved. I generally don't shoot ruddy ducks, hen buffies, etc. They shared no such discrimination. They have a 50hp motor and they set up in the same place everytime.....and we have a permanent blind on private land. I have even talked to them nicely and given them tips on where else they can go b/c THEY HAVE A BOAT BLIND. Hey man, bluebills are crossing that point over there every morning. No one has hunted it all year (b/c YOU NEED A BOAT BLIND TO HUNT IT).....so go over there and you will be on ducks. Nope, same spot every time. Getting back to last Saturday. Witnessed a boat riding around blaring rap music. Saw 3 cormorants flying high and the guys on the other side of the bay start blowing a mallard call and then shooting commences. I came home pretty frustrated that morning.

What part of "if it flies, it dies" do you people not understand (sarcasm :LOL:)

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
I own and wear plenty of Sitka.
You can continue to live your life judging what others wear and make fun of them. Doesn't hurt my feelings one bit.
I would highly suggest you research said company and see who and what they support.
As I wear sitka because they actually give a :donk:donk:donk:donk about publically paid employees and have signed up to offer significant discounts (over 40%) to help said emplyoees. Not only are they providing funds and support to help the public land hunter but they help and support school teachers, police, fire, emts, etc. Laugh long and hard and once done, do a little research and reading. How much do you support public employees besides the taxes you pay? I bet not a lot, but I wont judge.
I couldn't care less about a duck, but this whole public employee :donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk is hilarious to me.

Tell me why they 'deserve' a discount and I don't? Why should I go above and beyond to support them monetarily? If someone chooses a low paying profession, they best be prepared. Choices matter...

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
I don’t care what anyone wears and don’t care what Sitka supports. Sitka makes quality stuff but dang it’s ugly. The tackiest patterns I’ve ever seen.

Mathews Archer

Six Pointer
as an admin, I would like to think you wouldn't "trigger" any reactions that some may find disrespectful. Don't get me wrong, I wear sitka and think its funny-however you may want to add a "lol jk" or something of that nature due to the fact that its hard to see how see how the context is meant.

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
as an admin, I would like to think you wouldn't "trigger" any reactions that some may find disrespectful. Don't get me wrong, I wear sitka and think its funny-however you may want to add a "lol jk" or something of that nature due to the fact that its hard to see how see how the context is meant.
Administrator's put their pants on like everybody else. Only difference is the time they spend policing the forum and keeping it going so we can enjoy it. Personally meet one, they to have a great sense of humor. Keep up the good work men.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

You have a point...and you're right I could have done what you suggest. In my opinion the thread title is a meme of its own. It implies that the person posting the thread is up to something.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-m-just-going-to-leave-this-here

Gmac

Button Buck
the OP of this thread isn't or wasn't the problem, the problem was and is people are WAY to sensitive and thin skinned these days, they get offended to damn easy and can't handle being offended,,but life in general is offensive as hell

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
the OP of this thread isn't or wasn't the problem, the problem was and is people are WAY to sensitive and thin skinned these days, they get offended to damn easy and can't handle being offended,,but life in general is offensive as hell
Them flat bills may be to tight. Lol

Mathews Archer

Six Pointer
Maybe, but then again maybe not. I think it was funny and I wear sitka. But I was just thinking of the people that may take it personal. As I mentioned previously, coming from someone other an admin, I think it would be better. Admin are run this page and dictate what is appropriate and what is not. The thing I like about this site is that the :donk:donk:donk:donk talking and bashing is kept very well in check. I think people get offended because they do not the context in which, in this case, the meme was meant. I knew it was a joke and I found it funny. However I can see how it can lead down the wrong directions.

Mathews Archer

Six Pointer
Administrator's put their pants on like everybody else. Only difference is the time they spend policing the forum and keeping it going so we can enjoy it. Personally meet one, they to have a great sense of humor. Keep up the good work men.
Absolutely, Ive met one as well-Fantastic people. I was only thinking of those who may take it personal...

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I wear Sitka, First Lite, Kuiu, Core4, Cabelas and many others. They all have a specific reason for purchase.

People have picked on each other about what they wear for decades. Not surprised at the number of people getting their feelings hurt, or at the number of people trolling outerwear and flat bill hats. It’s just the way it is.

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
Maybe, but then again maybe not. I think it was funny and I wear sitka. But I was just thinking of the people that may take it personal. As I mentioned previously, coming from someone other an admin, I think it would be better. Admin are run this page and dictate what is appropriate and what is not. The thing I like about this site is that the :donk:donk:donk:donk talking and bashing is kept very well in check. I think people get offended because they do not the context in which, in this case, the meme was meant. I knew it was a joke and I found it funny. However I can see how it can lead down the wrong directions.

Shoots a Matthews, wears Sitka, worried about the sensitivities of other Sitka wearers....

SNOWFLAKE ALERT!!!!!!!!!

ETA: LOL, J/K, and ?... try not to fill your yeti with tears ?

????????

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My waders are the only thing I worry about when duck hunting..... never spend more than 180 on a pair..... don’t care where I get them .... whoever has them on sale.... the rest of my camo comes off eBay or Walmart after season sales..... hat must be rolled bill ..... never flat
Never owned a Yeti cooler but did get a yeti hugger in a dirty Santa game a few years back
Oh yea I have Drake front plate on my truck.... only because everyone knows my truck having a green John Deere plate on the front .... the paint wore off of my JD plate so I took this off my sons old truck
Haven’t killed a duck yet in the 3rd split.....but I will very soon..... none of my ducks ever complain about my camo

Point is .....wear what you want- hunt legally.....if you don’t want to hear any crap about your gear or how you hunt.... DONT POST :donk:donk:donk:donk ON THE WEB

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
My waders are the only thing I worry about when duck hunting..... never spend more than 180 on a pair..... don’t care where I get them .... whoever has them on sale.... the rest of my camo comes off eBay or Walmart after season sales..... hat must be rolled bill ..... never flat
Never owned a Yeti cooler but did get a yeti hugger in a dirty Santa game a few years back
Oh yea I have Drake front plate on my truck.... only because everyone knows my truck having a green John Deere plate on the front .... the paint wore off of my JD plate so I took this off my sons old truck
Haven’t killed a duck yet in the 3rd split.....but I will very soon..... none of my ducks ever complain about my camo

Point is .....wear what you want- hunt legally.....if you don’t want to hear any crap about your gear or how you hunt.... DONT POST :donk:donk:donk:donk ON THE WEB

Please disregard the last sentence of this post. Our entertainment depends on it!