If u feed them they will grow

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Protein pellets have skyrocketed so corn/soybeans mix it is..... got this big bag of soybeans today. Let the supplement feeding continue

Thank you Lord... now if only my back was stronger?

Attachments

• 17113CAC-D072-4DA7-8A72-A53ACCB511CC.jpeg
    17113CAC-D072-4DA7-8A72-A53ACCB511CC.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 55
  • BADB15D4-276B-41DB-8D8B-DB66A8C84EE1.jpeg
    BADB15D4-276B-41DB-8D8B-DB66A8C84EE1.jpeg
    217.2 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: jug

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
How long will that last you? If it turns warm and everything starts leafing out- probably be hard to get them to eat it....you the man for feeding through the hard months.... should pay off for you! I been slack ... haven’t been keeping up like I should! Never tried the beans... now that my job is good for a year.... maybe..... I can feed up a little more

beavercleaver

Twelve Pointer
i know deer love young soybean green leaves and graze on grass growing in between rows and around edges of bean fields..never realy seen them eat the actual bean mabey i just havent payed enough attention

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
How long will that last you? If it turns warm and everything starts leafing out- probably be hard to get them to eat it....you the man for feeding through the hard months.... should pay off for you! I been slack ... haven’t been keeping up like I should! Never tried the beans... now that my job is good for a year.... maybe..... I can feed up a little more
We will mix 33%beans and 66% corn in free choice feeders.

Feeding 800-1000# month = 5 -7 months

They back off a bit during spring green up

2 years ago they ate straight protein pellets with no hesitation through spring

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
i know deer love young soybean green leaves and graze on grass growing in between rows and around edges of bean fields..never realy seen them eat the actual bean mabey i just havent payed enough attention
All depends... hunted a farm in OH that would eat bean/corn mix

Where we hunt in VA mountains they seem to eat anything. ... even straight protein pellets whereas years ago hunting Chatham they would hardly touch protein even in a corn mix

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Most people want to feed while antlers are growing... if I had to choose = feeding immediately after season and building their body mass back has a much better effect on their horn growth

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Feeding during the winter pays off. I use to do it when I leased my neighbors 130 acres beside me here in Harnett county. My brother and I got 2 nice wallhangers in the 3 years I leased it.

MtnMan

Ten Pointer
Not trying to hijack the thread . Ya'll talking about feeders; a guy I used to work with told me yesterday that on Christmas morning he looked out his bedroom window and a big 9 point was eating out of one of his feeders in a field. He went into his teenage daughter's bedroom and woke her up and asked her if she wanted to shoot a nice buck. She never said anything, just got up in her bra and panties, reached over, got her rifle. She walked out the door onto the porch, shot the buck. Then she walked back in the house, looked at him and said " Go get it. "

Stix11

Spike
I had beans planted on my farm this year. Got them in late. Deer crushed the green phase then backed off hard in November through end of season. It's been to wet for the farmer to cut them, but in mid Jan the deer started hitting them extremely hard. Stalk still standing beans completely eaten off. Doves have been eating the actual beans really hard as well.