Idle hour restaurant

Hoss

Eight Pointer
Anyone eat breakfast at the idle hour restaurant in Scotland Neck in the 70s. A lot of red plaid shirts, jones style hats, brown hunting jackets. Almost everybody wearing a Bowie knife. No blaze orange very little camo. A lot of tall tales. Good memories !

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
Have not thought about that place in decades. Use to eat their as a kid and loved their shrimp basket. Hunting is our major tourism and busy time for what restaurants are around.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I remember eating in there as a kid! Usually with a draft up the back of my flannel shirt! Probably a bunch of young guys that have no clue about the shirt tail thing! Good times for sure.....but mom would always be pissed about the size of the shirt tail they cut off!

dapperdon

Eight Pointer
I did quite a few times in the 70's to late 70's. I did a lot of work at two lumber companies just outside of Scotland Neck.

Hazmt

Six Pointer
Had many a breakfast there on the way to Rich Square as a kid. My Dad got us up at 0330 so we could get to the hunting camp early. I was thinking about all the old men that I grew up hunting with the other day and how they passed on. That was a treasured time of my life. I learned a lot about life and hunting from them. Not many places to fellowship over a meal today like that restaurant.

C52

Eight Pointer
I remember eating in there as a kid! Usually with a draft up the back of my flannel shirt! Probably a bunch of young guys that have no clue about the shirt tail thing! Good times for sure.....but mom would always be pissed about the size of the shirt tail they cut off!
Cut one of sons off. He was pissed...at both of us

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I sure would love to have that piece of plywood with all the shirttails to hang in my gun room........man those were the good ol days