ID this rascal

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The color is unique for sure but the fur quality sucks big time. Guard hair is missing on a big spot on the shoulder and even worse on the back and rear flanks. It would not make a nice looking mount or even wall hanger pelt. It could be due to lice or just late season and started shedding already. Or it could be a female with lots of wear from breeding.

Unique colors that have good fur are worth more on the taxidermy market than they are on the fur market. The fur market wants pelts that are similar color.

Just based on that picture, I doubt very seriously that I would even skin that one.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
I saw a blonde yote while baling hay, I asked a forum member if he wanted it if I shot it, he quickly declined. Oh well no skin off my back lol, I didn’t have any use for it.

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
A lot of the blond, darker colors, or crazy chest patches come from dog DNA. If those sluts can't find a red woof, a yeller dog will have to do.

.35Rem

Eight Pointer
Couple quotes $1k plus (can’t find my notes) had one guy less but he was turning away business; wife was due in 2 weeks. All others also indicated they were maxed out on business for the season.

Game On

Four Pointer
Are you guys Tanning these yourself, or sending them off somewhere? I am trying to have some fur tanned for my 4H wildlife club.

DFisher

Eight Pointer
Saw my first blonde coyote today, crossed the highway just outside Winston-Salem, at 12:30 pm. Pretty animal.

Bb3camps

Button Buck
I shot One deer hunting a couple years back. Went back in the spring and got all the teeth off the carcass. kids love them treasures