ice fishing mishap.. I could see some of our members doing this :D

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Reminds me of a trip coming off the ice one year, was the time of year to pull the huts and we had a crap load of gear. I had the choice of either walking back to shore or sitting in the hut and being dragged, i took the sitting in the hut option.
Let me tell you, on the lake we were at, they drop the water level which makes for some contoured ice, got worried a few times as water in the low spots was gushing in from the floor

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Seen it a few times, happens more than you know. Buddy did it to his shack once, we were unloading and he forgot something at the truck. I grabbed his coat before he could get too far.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
What actually happened?

Portable shacks are a sled with canvas on poles. You can take them down quickly and flip them up even faster (seats mounted in the sled usually). You leave your snowmobile or atv hooked up as an anchor so sudden wind doesn’t take you across the lake. In this case guy needed to get or do something and forgot to unhook the shack hence taking his buddy for a ride.

Wow!!! I’ve wanted to try ice fishing. Now I know if I ever get the chance always tie the keys to hitch to remind someone to unhook before taking off lol.

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
This reminds me of a trip to Cuba lake, NY when I was a kid. The wind was whipping and there was 1/2” (that’s 12.7mm @dobber ) of water on the ice. I blew halfway across the lake before I hit enough snow to walk the long way back and get my cleats. 🤣🤣🤣

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
This reminds me of a trip to Cuba lake, NY when I was a kid. The wind was whipping and there was 1/2” (that’s 12.7mm @dobber ) of water on the ice. I blew halfway across the lake before I hit enough snow to walk the long way back and get my cleats. 🤣🤣🤣
I was lucky it is a small lake lol