IBO Spring Nationals....

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Got that new set of longbow limbs the day before yesterday and flirted with the idea of going...which was crazy in and of itself since I haven't shot a single tournament since July of last year. I knew Sage Creek was going to be hairy, those mountain courses always are for a flatlander, but hey, no guts-no glory, right?

Drove 300 miles yesterday, spent the night in an Abbi Dabbi motel. It was 34 degrees and the winds were 14-15 out of the NW when I stepped out of the hotel room at 5:25 this morning. Definitely made me question my decision....but it was suppose to be even colder tomorrow. So I ran up and down those mountains for 5 hours, shot all 40 targets today on what was definitely the toughest course I've ever shot, and drove the 300 miles back this afternoon.

Lol, when we finished me and my buddy were wondering if we could get us an Uber back to our vehicles 'cause neither one of us was sure we could get up the hills getting back to the truckl....:LOL:
Somebody let me know when this "act my age thing" is suppose to kick in, I could use the break....

Averaged 8 and change, won't know how I placed til tomorrow evening sometime....

Last edited:

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Top ten out of how big a field? And how long of a layoff? Sounds like another belt buckle is on the horizon.
Lee buddy, I don't know how many were in my class, usually there's 30 or better but Arrow Scores only shows the Top Ten: correction, Top Seven. I know there were every bit as many shooters at this shoot as there were at Trad Worlds in Pipestem last July. That was the last tournament of any kind that I've shot but now that we have the Coalition up and running again that's gonna change.

Everybody was struggling with the weather yesterday, y'all it was brutal and worse this morning! I saw that one IBO World Champion who shot all 40 yesterday too and only shot 13 points higher than I did.
Yeah, lol, I think I've got another buckle or two in me too but it won't likely be from this one....

Last edited:

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Laughing, my only miss was the very first target, an alligator uphill at 22 yards. That ten points was the difference between my score and the winning score. A ten would have tied me for 1st, a five would have taken second place because I shot more 11's than he did, and an eight would have given me second outright. Inches mean something in this game...