I want good trail camera !!!

5 Shot

Ten Pointer
I cant seem to get it together with my trail cameras now days. My Moultries have started taking pictures for no reason all night and day. I bought a Spypoint Link, after trying to get it to work for 2 days I took it back. Anyone have any recommendations?

Last edited:

5 Shot

Ten Pointer
Wow that's cheap enough. I might look into them. I wanted a camera to send to my phone but I cant find one that wants to act right. Let me read up on those Tascos. Thanks

JoeR

Eight Pointer
If you want one that works with no excuses, get a Reconyx. $500-$700 with a 5 year warranty. Some of them have a .1 sec trigger speed. Great battery life too. If you want one better than that, you'll have to build it yourself.
Joe

Not sure what problems you were having with the spypoint link but it's become my favorite cell camera for the $$.. got three of them myself and no issue so far

5 Shot

Ten Pointer
Not sure what problems you were having with the spypoint link but it's become my favorite cell camera for the $$.. got three of them myself and no issue so far
I couldn't get any service. The little light would always stay red where ever I went. It would not link to the app where I could see battery strength, service etc. on the status link on the app. Very frustrating to me. I talked with spypoint for 2 days trying to get this thing to work, Its simple to set up I just could not get it to send pictures. I wished I could have got it to work

herman

Six Pointer
What is the difference between the $28 and $38 walmart camera?
Have 3 of the $28 but haven't tried the $38

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
My Moultrie did the same, it's in your settings...Go back and reprogram everything...Mine were taking pictures on their own every minute...

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
I have one Tasco camera that takes great daytime pics, but nightime are blurred. I also have five WGI cameras that have been out for six years with no problems.

Hines

Spike
I'm a fan of the Primos Gen 2 Proof cameras. Easy switches to set so you can do it quickly in the dark/cold/rain. My #1 problem is bears chewing on our cameras. We've had 5 destroyed within 2 years. Several more with puncture holes where they bit them (but they still function).

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
You mean just reset the time, date etc. ?

Nope, go into settings and find Motion and Time Lapse...I had set my camera up to take a picture every minute without realizing that I had done that...Take if off that setting...The easiest is to just reset settings to factory settings you want the display to say Motion Detect when you finish...Not Morion and Time Lapse...

MyHrly

Six Pointer
I LIKED MY MOULTRIE UNTIL IT WAS DESTREY BY FLOOD, NOW IVE GOT BROWNING OPS, TAKES GREAT PICS AND VIDEOS. AROUND $80, WHAT WALLY WORLD HAS CAMERAS FOR $30?? NONE IN RALEIGH THATS FOR SURE.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I LIKED MY MOULTRIE UNTIL IT WAS DESTREY BY FLOOD, NOW IVE GOT BROWNING OPS, TAKES GREAT PICS AND VIDEOS. AROUND $80, WHAT WALLY WORLD HAS CAMERAS FOR $30?? NONE IN RALEIGH THATS FOR SURE.

I can pick one up in Apex today. You can also have it delivered to store for pickup. If you add some other items to get to $35, you can get free home delivery.

Last edited:

30/06

Twelve Pointer
I
I'm a big fan of Browning. Have used the dark ops for 3 to 4 yrs and no issues at all. Command ops works pretty good too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’ve switched to Browning as well. All my newer cams are Strikeforce, can usually be found for around $100. Have 6 or 7 now and all have worked flawlesssly. One even went underwater when creek flooded and still works.

bertienchunter

Twelve Pointer
Browning is for sure the way to going you ask me. Bollweevil and I have 15 or so and they work really well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
i have a cuddleback that is older and seems to work well. About 5 years old i think and still going strong. Longrange IR model or something like that...probably discontinued by now.

I'd probably go with cuddleback again based on my experience with this one though.