I think I may be able to do this one more time.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I had just about lost all desire to coon hunt since Jake died. I had bought this Stevens pup right before this happened. He is a half brother to my Sue and I knew he had great potential but I just had no desire to do anything with him. I had messed with him a little soon as I got with him but when Jake died that was it.
I let him out every day when I clean kennels and have messed with him with obedience etc. but other than that I was just letting him do his thing. Well he has and he has finally lit the spark back in me. I think it is time to get serious about him.
Here he is this evening down beside my pasture behind my kennel. Heck BB doesn't like squirrels but if he keeps up he may even convert her also. LOL Time to tighten him up a little then get him in the dark.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
He made several trees this morning, one tree was not desired quarry. First correction for him.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yeah, house cats are a noooooooooooooo, they will get you in trouble. Grinners, goundhogs etc will just get you lead off the tree. But puddy tats are off limits. They could get you shot and I don't want that so they get you tough love.