I need two trucks

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
There are guys all over town that have 6" lifts with mud tires and would have a heart attack if mud got on their truck..lol

To each his own and I understand not wanting their new trucks being real nasty, but if I want something for looks and to drive on just pavement it wont have a lift and mud tires on it.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
I only have 1 truck. A 2020 gladiator. Gets used for everything. I'm not scared to get it dirty but will wash it weekly. Call what you want too!!!!

bag12day

Six Pointer
Contributor
Used to use the wife's old Civic to check cows because it was cheaper to drive. Kept essential farm supplies in the trunk.

I don't buy vehicles to maintain for next person. I maintain them for me and when they get to a point of not being cost effective, they die and I buy another one.

Like the saying about keeping low mileage... Nah I'll keep that to myself.
Coudn't help but respond to this.. My great uncle had thousands of acres in South Louisiana and plenty of money. He had a SAAB 900 diesel IIRC that his daughter had wrecked in the rear end. He bought it from insurance for scrap price and said there aint nothing wrong with the motor and it drives good and cheap on diesel so He used to do exactly what you are talking about in wet South LA. He wound up cutting the back pillars and made a flat sheet metal bed to lay fence posts or barbed wire rolls on with work tools, shots, wormers box. He would tie a rope to the rear bumper to help birth a calf. Funniest thing you ever seen when he would drive it to town for a bite of lunch to see this funny European "flat bed pickup".

bag12day

Six Pointer
Contributor
bag12day, do you get fleet rates for car insurance? :)
Yep! LOL I have a E250 van too for my business, a 70 Chevelle and the wife's Avalon. We were doing some Fire Dept training with other depts in our county and the instructor ( an old friend) said when pulling up to a house to do size up for structure fire if there is 2 cars in the driveway you can assume you have victims inside the residence Unless you are at Bag's place and there might be 5 cars and he, his wife and the dogs are all gone out of town.

My wife gives me a hard time when it rains my hunting truck has a ring of mud around it on the ground . She asks why dont you wash it ,my answer is it just got washed

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
My wife gives me a hard time when it rains my hunting truck has a ring of mud around it on the ground . She asks why dont you wash it ,my answer is it just got washed
I have learned that when I wash underneath, park it in the street and not the driveway.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Hunting outta grand Torino’s, flatbed diesel Saabs, Honda Civic cattle checkers, etc. This has been a great thread! There’s just something fundamentally wrong with @KrisB quoting that scrubs song 🤣🤣🤣 But for the record, my old used truck came hunt/trap/fish/work ready. Dents, scratches, dings, Nonexistent headliner , some rust, but straight drive and 4WD with locking hubs. Got it for next to nothing and it’s got its quirks but I got what I wanted for super cheap. Favorite surprise was having the lady tell me it had a straight 6 in it when in reality it had a 302 v8.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Any one remember the Subaru Brats?

One of my hunting pals back in my teenage years had one. Talk about go anywhere.... that thing could do it!

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hunting outta grand Torino’s, flatbed diesel Saabs, Honda Civic cattle checkers, etc. This has been a great thread! There’s just something fundamentally wrong with @KrisB quoting that scrubs song 🤣🤣🤣 But for the record, my old used truck came hunt/trap/fish/work ready. Dents, scratches, dings, Nonexistent headliner , some rust, but straight drive and 4WD with locking hubs. Got it for next to nothing and it’s got its quirks but I got what I wanted for super cheap. Favorite surprise was having the lady tell me it had a straight 6 in it when in reality it had a 302 v8.
I had rather have the straight six

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
You don't need two trucks, you want two trucks.

I've always had at least two trucks though.
What he NEEDS is a 4 wheeler. Much easier sell to the wife. Ramp it in and out of the truck and have at it.
heck my father in law (RIP) put his coonhounds and beagles in the backseat of the car in the days before he started working for himself and got a truck,,,,
My favorite thing in the world is pulling up to the Processor with a deer in my Prius. Especially if I can squeeze it in next to a pickup with a carolina squat to unload the deer.

All i really need is a Coexist bumper sticker and no one would ever hotspot me where I'm hunting.
Any one remember the Subaru Brats?

One of my hunting pals back in my teenage years had one. Talk about go anywhere.... that thing could do it!
A friend had a Forester. I think he lifted it like 1/2 an inch or an inch, put knobbly tires and a roof basket on it, and it was a real Mad Max bugout machine.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Let us know how you like the smell of 10 day old deer blood wafting out of the trunk in the morning.

Way back when we only had cars as work vehicles. If we took an animal it went in the truck. Back then we had a list of needy families so in the trunk it went and I would take it to them. It was almost funny to see the look on peoples face when I would put them in the back seat of my car to about the end of Dec. LOL
Been there, done that. :sick:

I requires a little bit of forethought, mostly I've had either a really big old coat or a raincoat that I lay the deer under. I'll stick a plastic bag over the mouth if it's leaking heavy there.

Alternatively if you quarter the deer it can go home in a cooler.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
When I bought my new (to me) Tundra I was like that....for about 2 days. It's a truck, use it! When I got the first ding in it I was actually relieved. Didn't have to worry about babying it anymore.

Or buy a cheap older 4 wheeler to throw in the bed.