I need two trucks

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
When I retired last year I bought myself a new Tundra. It has the Hot Wheels wheels, groovy new paint color, and rich Corinthian leather seats. When I wash it and spray the tires, people complement me, and stand up straight and call me Sir.

But today I have to go out to the land, where it's been raining three days and it's going to get muddy again. The other day I went to pull the cards from the camera and I parked at the road and walked it, over two miles. So I'll spend tomorrow morning with the wash bucket. (Sigh) I need a hunting and fishing truck to complement my Sunday truck.

truck resized.JPG

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Mine usually gets washed and cleaned up once a year, inside and out. usually happens after the midwest turkey trip and it dang sure needs it when it does. Now the bed of the truck gets scrubbed and/or pressure washed multiple times a year after hauling trapping gear and dead critters around in it. Like my son said, it is a truck!
My 4 wheeler and side by side get washed a lot more than my truck.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Not too many years after I’d bought my new truck I took a buddy hunting... I put gear and the Summit Climber in backseat So it wouldn’t get wet in the rain

He said “you sure put a truck to use” I said “that’s what I bought it for!”

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Mine usually gets washed and cleaned up once a year, inside and out. usually happens after the midwest turkey trip and it dang sure needs it when it does. Now the bed of the truck gets scrubbed and/or pressure washed multiple times a year after hauling trapping gear and dead critters around in it. Like my son said, it is a truck!
My 4 wheeler and side by side get washed a lot more than my truck.
I thought I was bad! Mine is cleaned maybe 3-4times a year (before turkey 1x and before deer 1x) the others are occasionally when it’s get so nasty I can’t stand it

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I had a hunting buddy down home in the mid-70s when we were running dogs. He bought a new Chevy and brought it home to show the wife. After she got through admiring it, he said, I'm gonna ride down the road a bit. He went to one of our favorite cut-off spots, an old logging path that ran down to the river, put it in 4WD and punched it. Down to the river he went, limbs smacking, mud flying...... you know the route. His wife came out when he got back home and was horrified. He simply stated, now I don't have to worry about pampering it. It's my truck.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
In the day of $100,000 trucks, I’ll just say that a clean truck lasts longer. Keep it clean and you will notice the little things that need attention before they become bigger issues. My truck is very near 25 years old and dads is closing in on 35 years old. Both well over 250,000 miles.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I've got 2.

chevy 2500 duramax for work/heavy stuff

jeep gladiator rubicon for daily driving and fun. It can do some lighter work if needed also.

Really like having both.

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Well, I wanted to lighten things up a little on this beautiful Sunday morning and get away from all the heavy stuff. Looks like I managed to do that, even at the expense of some jabs at my manhood. I wish I could still grow a man bun. Y'all enjoy yourselves today and be careful out there.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I had 2 for a lot of years, had a small truck for the gas mileage, mostly for going out of town hunting alone. Had a full size truck for hauling/ pulling stuff and comfort when a group was going on a trip.

I’m a one truck man now, and it looks like I never wash it, ( I do periodically wash it) and live in it 5 days a week( 43K+ miles since Jan, so that part is pretty much true). I got it to use, and I certainly use it.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
I thought I was bad! Mine is cleaned maybe 3-4times a year (before turkey 1x and before deer 1x) the others are occasionally when it’s get so nasty I can’t stand it
Boy that ain’t nothing...I bought my truck brand new in 08. It’s got 200k and been washed 5 times...3x the first week, once before the turkey tour 2012, and once after turkey season this year :LOL: I only did it then because I had some new buffing compound and I wanted to see how good it was...

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
I’ll just say that a clean truck lasts longer.
No, it doesn’t. It just makes you feel better.

Clean or dirty is irrelevant to the mechanicals.

Clean or dirty is also irrelevant to rust, because rust comes from places you can’t clean anyway. By the time you notice it, it’s already to late.

nchunter

Twelve Pointer

Clean or dirty is also irrelevant to rust, because rust comes from places you can’t clean anyway. By the time you notice it, it’s already to late.

I was taught to always wash my stuff after going off-road, mainly with atvs, but applies to trucks too. You have to get the mud off to see what you broke, or what’s about to be a problem.
May not apply to an easy trip, but we rode hard in some nasty spots. Washing was part of maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
A story my car salesman told me years ago. He said a farmer came in to buy a new truck. After signing all the paperwork, he asked if the truck was now his. When told yes, the farmer pulled out a hammer and hit the bed of the truck. He said he was going to be the first person to put a dent in the truck.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I was taught to always wash my stuff after going off-road, mainly with atvs, but applies to trucks too. You have to get the mud off to see what you broke, or what’s about to be a problem.
May not apply to an easy trip, but we rode hard in some nasty spots. Washing was part of maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bit of mud stuck on the inside of the wheels will make you think you have major problems.... Then after a wash the wheels are somehow balanced again.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

Do your thing. If you don’t see the benefits, then that would explain the oppositionz