Contributor
going to order this
Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10x50mm Riflescope
unless some one points me into a better dirrection
this one is $425 on Amazon.

Guybo

Eight Pointer

Send me a free gift ;)

I saw that same listing and was about to post it then i saw that the guy has a 60% feedback. I'd honestly be a little scared to buy from him but that just me but that is a good price for sure. There's several others on ebay a little cheaper (not much) than $425 with better feedback you just have to search. As mentioned, they run around $499 so $425 isn't bad.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I saw that same listing and was about to post it then i saw that the guy has a 60% feedback. I'd honestly be a little scared to buy from him but that just me but that is a good price for sure. There's several others on ebay a little cheaper (not much) than $425 with better feedback you just have to search. As mentioned, they run around $499 so $425 isn't bad.
The link sent, has a 99.6 seller feedback...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200924-152458_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200924-152458_eBay.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 24

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Why that scope? Just wondering.

I would buy Leupold from a reputable dealer also. A lot of fakes from china.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like it. Put one on my son's rifle. Put the VX3i 4.5x14 on my rifle.
I had a Vortex Raptor that I just didn't like. I have a Vortex Diamond Back that I can't get to zero, but I think that's the rifle.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
As has already been stated, be very wary of buying Leupolds from Amazon, EBay, and their ilk.
It's worth the extra $$$ to save yourself the headache.

That being said, Midway has the Leupold VX3i 3.5-10x50 for $425 right now with free shipping

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
eBay has money back guarantee. If there is a contested issue, I know I can flag my card and start a fraud investigation.

Multiple big box stores and independent retailers use eBay and Amazon as an outlet to sell products. I don’t know how many purchases I have made and have yet to have a bad transaction.

I have no problems buying optics or anything this way.

I should be leery of the riff raff selling stuff through NCHUNTANDFISH 😉

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
eBay has money back guarantee. If there is a contested issue, I know I can flag my card and start a fraud investigation.

Multiple big box stores and independent retailers use eBay and Amazon as an outlet to sell products. I don’t know how many purchases I have made and have yet to have a bad transaction.

I have no problems buying optics or anything this way.

I should be leery of the riff raff selling stuff through NCHUNTANDFISH 😉
I myself have never had an issue buying from either of those, but I vet them well.

My BIL ordered a Leupold from EBay last year and when it arrived it was a counterfeit, as in no serial #. He filed a claim with EBay, but they found in favor of the seller.

Live and learn

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
And yet nobody recommends a different scope

Anything made by Burris or SWFA in the same price range will work every time you want to use it. As far as glass quality for $425, the vx3i will be hard to beat. Probably why you’re not getting any other recommendations. If you want to spend 1K and up, the possibilities get much more interesting.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Midwayusa.com has the VX-3i on sale right now. I would also call Ed's gun shop for a price. Leupold has minimum advertised pricing a lot of the time unless they approve a sale. At $400 range you picked the right optic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Guybo

Eight Pointer
I love Leupolds and own several but I also have this scope on one rifle and for the price this Vortex Viper is a really nice scope. I have a couple friends who use it as well and speak very highly of it. Lots of positive reviews out there on it too. I paid around $400 for mine back when they first came out.

If you're set on a Leupold and a 50mm you need to go with your gut because you probably won't be happy with anything else, I just thought I'd put this out there.

Last edited:

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
SWFA

You are right but most folks just hunting will lean Leupold for reticle alone. I will say that in this class of scope the shooters eye and what they see through a particular scope is subjective. To me the leupold is clearest but I know others that see it differently just based on how their vision handles the coatings.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
No way I would buy one from some place that was not a factory dealer.
Way too many fake and junk out there.

Just call Leupold yourself and find out.

Stick with known vendors.

Midway, Brownells and so on.
Cabelas has been sending 75$ off coupon
The best deals I have got was from Midway or cabelas on sale.

Also not a big fan of the 50mm
Better to go 30mm tube 40mm obj for a hunting gun. 50 just sets too high.

I plan to sell some of my VXIII 3.5x10x 50mm like the hold on a 40mm so much better.

TH7

Eight Pointer

Was on Cabelas earlier today and they have some optic sales. Did not compare to other website pricing.