I joined a good crew

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
or at least hard working!

The thread on road side litter makes this even better

I mentioned in a different thread that I did a work day with a new hunt club this past Saturday. The work day was picking up trash,,,,Well Saturday was the end of the Scotland County Spring Litter Sweep and that hunt club,,,Morgan Hunt Club, collected the most trash of any organization in Scotland County,,,2,307 lbs! It's in this weeks local paper down here (yes, we still read printed paper here in the sticks)

and we only had one guy have to go to the hospital with a wound,,,,,

Well done Men!

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
If your dog men knew more about first aid, it’d have saved that man a trip to the hospital. I mean who can’t just whip up 17 stitches in the field, at the drop of a hat?

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If your dog men knew more about first aid, it’d have saved that man a trip to the hospital. I mean who can’t just whip up 17 stitches in the field, at the drop of a hat?
Hey, he was all for getting stapled when he got cut, and I would have done it for him. To we got to the club house he was about as white as a sheet of typing paper and even after flushing with saline and betadine I was still a little concerned about the possibility of glass remaining.

Besides the way he squalled when the betadine hit, I knew he would have been a goner when it came time for the lidocaine to numb him up for staples so he just went the expensive route.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Good job by y'all that 8s lot trash removed. It just baffles me with all the misdemenor drug charges and such across state why there is ever a piece trash anywhere should be so much community service to keep spotless. I got me little bit taste of dumping I'm hunting new public area and its an absolute mess so many couches, toilets, dressers, glass everywhere. Matter fact went out to go hunting this eve and tire was flat cut with some that glass just got done plugging it

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
That is a lot of trash! Good for all of you for doing this.

Turkey Foot I get what you are saying but until dirtbags stop littering it is going to be hard to keep up with.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It just baffles me with all the misdemenor drug charges and such across state why there is ever a piece trash anywhere should be so much community service to keep spotless.

I agree. They ought to tack on "X" hours of community service cleaning up trash for those offenses. And double that for the folks actually caught dumping or littering. Between that and the inmates, they should be able take care of most of it.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
That is a lot of trash! Good for all of you for doing this.

Turkey Foot I get what you are saying but until dirtbags stop littering it is going to be hard to keep up with.
With as many dope and DUI charges I see across nc they should have all the manpower they need. And yup what skyhawk said not just fine people that litter but make them pick it up say on Saturdays and Fri evenings

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’ve got two good friends in that club, Ray and Dylan are as fine of folks as there are around. Good luck in the future, but be careful.......Dylan likes to shoot the horns off the bucks to keep em safe:oops: