I hurt myself...

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Nothing fancy, but I ate to much. Pan fried(quickly)sweet meats with spgo. My quickly becoming a favorite Marsala strap. Quick pan sear with Kenny’s bourbon molasses, deglaze with Marsala and 400 degrees til 115 IT. Pat of butter in the pan while the strap rests on a cutting board. Beans, garlic noodles, muscadine wine...FFA692CC-EF03-4456-B162-4BAE938DF1E6.jpeg

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Great eats.
Had me some backstrap biscuits for lunch today.
Always like this time of the year. Always fresh meat around.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Nothing fancy, but I ate to much. Pan fried(quickly)sweet meats with spgo. My quickly becoming a favorite Marsala strap. Quick pan sear with Kenny’s bourbon molasses, deglaze with Marsala and 400 degrees til 115 IT. Pat of butter in the pan while the strap rests on a cutting board. Beans, garlic noodles, muscadine wine...View attachment 56413
that, for the most part looks edible

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Pork sweet bread (pancreas) was my Dad's favorite part of the hog. Mom and Dad were born in 1904 & 05 and were raising their first 3 kids during the great depression. Little if anything ever went to waste at hog killing time. Organs were just another flavor of meat. Dad was also a big fan of pork or beef tongue.

bigblue

Eight Pointer
Pork sweet bread (pancreas) was my Dad's favorite part of the hog. Mom and Dad were born in 1904 & 05 and were raising their first 3 kids during the great depression. Little if anything ever went to waste at hog killing time. Organs were just another flavor of meat. Dad was also a big fan of pork or beef tongue.

That’s what it was in my dad’s family too. Sweet meat was inner tenderloin and sweetbread was pancreas. My grandparents were raised on sharecroppers farms during the Great Depression and had to eat “everything but the squeal” as Grandaddy always said. Grandma also liked the hogs spleen which they called the “long tongue” because it kinda looks like a long tongue. HaHa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk