I haven't lost my touch

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Had some friends come down from Pa to get some NC fox squirrels to mount. Sadly yesterday evening about the time they were arriving I was bent over hurling with a kidney stone.

Words can't describe how bad I felt them coming this far to get squirrels to mount and me fail them. Luckily they knew how to use a GPS and I was able to put them on the spots. They got right on them. They had treed 5 by 9:30 and were limited out. They got to pick the colors they wanted.

It isn't often best laid plans for me actually work out. I am glad they did. SQI.jpgSQII.jpg

seedrooster

Eight Pointer
I think I’m more scared of a kidney stone than a no shoulders!!! I hope I never get one !!!!! I’ve seen several at work get them and it ain’t pretty !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattyice1987

Four Pointer
I’m confused as to how the season runs for them under one rule it says it ends on the 31st then under it, it shows a staggered season

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I think I’m more scared of a kidney stone than a no shoulders!!! I hope I never get one !!!!! I’ve seen several at work get them and it ain’t pretty !!

Never got them to three years ago, had my share since.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Some of the guys at work have HORROR stories about what happens if you can’t pass them!!

Oh my first episode of them was just that. I had a kidney in the process of going septic, wound up in surgery. I have passed all of them since luckily, couple had me wondering if it was going to happen though.

MtnMan

Ten Pointer
Oh my first episode of them was just that. I had a kidney in the process of going septic, wound up in surgery. I have passed all of them since luckily, couple had me wondering if it was going to happen though.
The only kidney stone I ever had felt like I was pissin a roll of barbed wire when it came out .

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’m happy the hunt worked out!

Sorry about the rock tho. I’ve had 3 but they were about 15 yrs apart. 🥵

It’s been about 10 yrs since my last one. 😱
I’ve never been able to pass one of the damn things!😡

Next one I may go out in the backyard and shoot my damn self. 😵

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Takes some skill and boots on the ground to put someone who'd never been there onto the right spot.....
Never had a stone, sure hope to keep it that way....

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Do you think they would have been that successful without the dogs? I'm sure you put them in "the spot" and that's a big plus.
No, they covered hundreds of acres. I think the dogs showed over 18 miles on the GPS. But honestly most of that was after they had bagged their fox squirrels and they were looking for gray squirrels. I used to know where several pockets of them were down there but I haven't concentrated on them in years. I haven't messed with grays there in a while. I know plenty of places on private land there but they couldn't access it.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Awesome work right there. Thats my goal for next year, to put Miss Sadie on some fox squirrels down there.

Never had a stone but the stories scare the crap out of ya.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Awesome work right there. Thats my goal for next year, to put Miss Sadie on some fox squirrels down there.

Never had a stone but the stories scare the crap out of ya.
If she will road hunt you will have no problem, you will get them. That was what I told those guys. They had never road hunted and I told him how to start his dog off and in fifteen minutes he said his dogs was acting like a pro.