I had to turn around, go back, and shoot this !!

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
It's not turkey season if my hunting boots ain't covered in yellow pollen from walking the pastures...but they do make a great photo,nice!

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Well worth turning around for a photo. What kind of flower is this? Is it a weed or actually a valuable food for livestock. Never seen that much yellow in a pasture or hay field.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well worth turning around for a photo. What kind of flower is this? Is it a weed or actually a valuable food for livestock. Never seen that much yellow in a pasture or hay field.

It's some kind of weed...I'm going to search around this week, see if I can find out what it is...tiny little 5 petal flower.
Guy I got permission from to take photos didn't know and said the field is usually plowed by now...he'd never seen that before

Last edited:

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
It's some kind of weed...I'm going to search around this week, see if I can find out what it is...tiny little 5 petal flower.
Guy I got permission from to take photos didn't know and said the field is usually plowed by now...he'd never seen that before
Carolina buttercup...they're everywhere here,my pastures and the neighbors pastures all look like that right now.

Last edited:

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Carolina buttercup...they're everywhere here,my pastures and the neighbors pastures all look like that right now.

Thanks for that...saved some time digging through the Internet...looks exactly like what I saw and to tell the truth, from the road I first thought they might have been actual Buttercups then saw that they weren't

Last edited:

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You've got a good eye for photo composition. Nice picture of springtime in NC.

guyo

Ten Pointer
A lot of farmers are planting canola beans now; they plant in the fall and come up in the spring they harvest the bean which are made in to canola oil. the fields look like that one.

wardy

Ten Pointer
I liked the title of the thread...definitely an attention getter! ;) cool pic too!

Last edited:

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I liked the title of the thread...definitely an attention getter! ;) cool pic too!

LOL...I'll admit there "might" have been a little of that.
Yeah, we are surrounded by beautiful things from nature every day...and they're free.