I got him

Scrub

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Awesome man……3-4 years ago I had a similar thing……last day 8:30 in the morning one I hadn’t seen in more than a month pops out right in front of me, honestly I was so stunned I had to remind myself to shoot.

Last edited:
Reactions: jug

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Congratulations Jug- That is very hard to do imo- kill one specific buck. Great end to a season!
Yes sir . I took some advice from the best deer hunter I know, here in Harnett County. That old timer should be in Carolina Sportsman or the NC game and fish but he won't let them do a story on him. He has 1400 acres leased here in Harnett and leases an entire ranch in Missouri by himself and if that ain't enough he owns a ranch in South Texas with another man..
Believe it or not he kills his biggest deer here in Harnett and in Missouri . He told me that when that deer left either he was getting too much pressure or he was going somewhere nearby to hang around and breed does. He told me not to hunt that stand much till I got another picture of him,,, and I didn't. Deer came back just like he said the deer would, once he ran out of does or figured the pressure was off.

Last edited:

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Great buck Jug and they are smarter than we give them credit when it comes to pressure put on them, especially a mature buck and an old doe … another killed him first time had been in that stand in long time.

Reactions: jug