I got a job!!!!

Bigtime

As most of you know, I have a disability that has kept me from working for over 6 years. I have always wondered how much money I was allowed to earn while on Social Security Disability so I went to the SS office here in New Bern 2 years ago and they said that I could earn about $1080.00 per month. So I have been looking for a part time job since then but I just couldn't promise a potential employer that I could be there when asked. It all depended on my pain level that day.

Well, I added my prayer for a job on our church's prayer list last Sunday and was approached by a gentleman after church last night. Come to find out, he owns a storage / rental company about 2 miles from my house. He offered me a job just checking folks in and out and after I told him about my disability he replied that we would just have to work around it won't we!!!!!!! The job starts on July 1 and guys I can hardly wait. Thanks to the good Lord I will be earning some much needed income for my family and not just sitting around the house. GOD IS GOOD!!!!!!

Bigtime

Thanks guys, I'm really excited about it. I will still be able to accomplish a goal that I set in January and that is to read my Bible in it's entirety before hunting season. Evidently it is a job with plenty of time to read. Anyhow, thanks for all the support from my friends on here.

Last edited:

tightline

Twelve Pointer
It's a blessing that your disability doesn't interfere with hunting.......................congratulations on your job.