I don't think I would have handled this like these folks did

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
No, we don't know if the bass boaters did anything to provoke the attack or not, but we all know there are some crazy arsed people out there. Anybody that knows me knows that I will absolutely avoid a confrontation if possible...but some folks just want let you.
Now, MY "fancy" bass boat is a 15 ft. 1965 aluminum V-hull StarCraft. It ain't gonna absorb the shock of a ramming like their heavy modern bass boat. Yeah, if it had been ME, I'd have tried to leave, but it didn't look like the jon boat was giving them a chance to leave, and lastly, according to "Stand your ground" laws, you have no duty to retreat so long as you legally within your rights to be where you are.
I know what you mean. I just noticed that when the one guy mentioned leaving he said "I have to put my rod away." He never even tried to start his engine. Neither of them did.

Yeah, there aer some crazies out there. The Hyde County boat attack incident for one. I was once fishing when another guy runs us down in his boat yelling and screaming that we dragged his St. Croix rod off with our motor (he was trolling and snagged and didn't pay attention is my guess.) He was locally known as the "Fish Lake @$$hole." The guy I was fishing with was actually a CCW instructor and when he came up on our boat and bumped us screaming the instructor pepper sprayed him and drove away.

I can guarantee you that that idiot wouldn't have hit my "fancy bass boat " but one time and I'd have beaten him like he's never been beat before and the only reason I would have enough sympathy to not make his head into a canoe would be for the fact of making sure he was alive to pay for it to be sent back to the factory to repair the gelcoat.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
And a follow up.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
I dunno what kinda damage a 7.5 ft med cranking rod would do upside that ol boys head... but he’d have found out....

I was more thinking a face full of treble hooks with the strongest hook set yanking i could muster