I don't care how long you have been at it

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
When you have to bury one of you hunting buddies it is rough. Just put one down that was coming up on 16, he had been deaf for years and had very little eyesight. But up to the last few months had been healthy as a bull. His hips finally gave out on him and he just couldn't get around. I had him on meds for that and he still was in quite a bit of pain. He was so unsteady on his feet he used to fall quite a bit as he would follow me around as I was feeding and washing down the kennels every day. I knew it was coming but still is rough to deal with. RIP Tank.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
When you have to bury one of you hunting buddies it is rough. Just put one down that was coming up on 16, he had been deaf for years and had very little eyesight. But up to the last few months had been healthy as a bull. His hips finally gave out on him and he just couldn't get around. I had him on meds for that and he still was in quite a bit of pain. He was so unsteady on his feet he used to fall quite a bit as he would follow me around as I was feeding and washing down the kennels every day. I knew it was coming but still is rough to deal with. RIP Tank.

It’s never easy to bury a true friend.

Condolences to you

R. I. P. Tank

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Damn near spirals me into a depression when I lose one. Very sorry to hear this. He was lucky to have an owner like you as you were lucky to have a dog like him.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I’m sorry to hear that. I am sure he lived the best life a hound could have, although i know that doesn’t make it easier.
RIP Tank

bag12day

Six Pointer
Contributor
“When we (man) experienced our fall from grace, God endowed the dog with all the properties initially intended for us...honesty, loyalty, nobility etc. and made the dog our best friend to be kept by our side so that we could see what strengths of character we could aspire to....but never quite achieve..... "
Sorry for your loss and RIP tank your pack will take it from here.

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
I feel your pain. Worst thing I have ever done was have my best friend put down. This new boxer puppy is bringing my family cheers though! I still walk by the my old ones resting place...It would be a lie if I said I don't shed a tear from time to time standing there.

Bluedogman

Six Pointer
Never is easy... and as mentioned before as I get older it gets harder to send one home. But one things for sure ol tank will be waiting at the tree for ya brother