I Could Really Use Some Help.

I am going to ask the one question you are never supposed to ask.

My son (16) was recently told he probably has cancer. We have to wait at least 2 weeks minimum for more tests.

He suffered an injury in a no game a three weeks ago and they saw something in the ct scan.Then he had a MRI and that was inconclusive but looked bad.

Now he has to wait.

He has never caught a Shad or Striper.

He asked me to take him to Weldon this Saturday. I would love to give him a good distraction as we are all stressed about this.

We are just bank fishermen and all I am asking is would you suggest upstream of the ramp namely that bank just below the rocks where they practice water rescue or downstream of the ramp.

I know it's a lot to ask.

I truly and sincerely thank you.

Attachments

• Resized_photo1.jpeg
    Resized_photo1.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 73

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
The ramp up stream to the dock is your best choice ..hope all is ok.
Let me know michael. I was going to float a trib of the Neuse down to the neuse for shad but I may be up in that area that day as my wife is going to help her niece out with painting a room so I may just go up there.

The ramp up stream to the dock is your best choice ..hope all is ok.
Let me know michael. I was going to float a trib of the Neuse down to the neuse for shad but I may be up in that area that day as my wife is going to help her niece out with painting a room so I may just go up there.

I'll shoot you a PM Friday. That's a pic of Bowfin alley btw.

todobien

Eight Pointer
The water is going to be high. If there is no room by the ramp, try down at the far end of the boat ramp There is a rip rap bank that I think is fishable in high water. Can also try Battle Park in Rocky Mt which is only a few miies E of I-95 off Benvenue Ave exit (go straight across at bottom of ramp).

The water is going to be high. If there is no room by the ramp, try down at the far end of the boat ramp There is a rip rap bank that I think is fishable in high water. Can also try Battle Park in Rocky Mt which is only a few miies E of I-95 off Benvenue Ave exit (go straight across at bottom of ramp).

Thank you

Thank you so much for your help.

He got his first shad. I was so excited I was slow to grab my phone.

The water was very high. Joseph caught 2. I caught 4 ( my 5th spit the hook on a jump near the bank) our friend Mario got skunked.

Then we left and ran an errand saw a juicy bit of black water on the side of the road. Stopped to check it out Mario grabs his crank bait and first cast grabs a big Jack. None of us had seen one before so that was awesome.

Then we went back to Raleigh and tried a spot on the Neuse that a member was kind enough to tell us about. Got two casts in and that tornadic storm came up all of a sudden. We got in the car and the tornado warning went off within a couple of minutes.

I told Joseph welp that was our chance at a Viral Video. If you had of hooked up we could have posted Shadnado!!!!

Again thank you for helping me create a memory.

Attachments

• 20210327_115630.jpg
    20210327_115630.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6682.jpg
    IMG_6682.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6678.jpg
    IMG_6678.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6684.jpg
    IMG_6684.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 56

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
awesome news on the scan, I hope all his visits go this well.
congrats on the shad! They are fewer in numbers now but seems like mostly whites (bigger fish) now.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Thank you so much for your help.

He got his first shad. I was so excited I was slow to grab my phone.

The water was very high. Joseph caught 2. I caught 4 ( my 5th spit the hook on a jump near the bank) our friend Mario got skunked.

Then we left and ran an errand saw a juicy bit of black water on the side of the road. Stopped to check it out Mario grabs his crank bait and first cast grabs a big Jack. None of us had seen one before so that was awesome.

Then we went back to Raleigh and tried a spot on the Neuse that a member was kind enough to tell us about. Got two casts in and that tornadic storm came up all of a sudden. We got in the car and the tornado warning went off within a couple of minutes.

I told Joseph welp that was our chance at a Viral Video. If you had of hooked up we could have posted Shadnado!!!!

Again thank you for helping me create a memory.

I wondered if that was you. I was the guy (also sent you the PM) with the two German Wirehair dogs that were overly interested in Mario's crankbait.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We drove through the Weldon ramp parking lot Saturday between lunch and 2:30ish ..... saw a guy fishing left side of ramp. Bet it was your son! Either way.... glad you guys got it done!

We drove through the Weldon ramp parking lot Saturday between lunch and 2:30ish ..... saw a guy fishing left side of ramp. Bet it was your son! Either way.... glad you guys got it done!

Going to try again tomorrow. The bone scan again was inconclusive. They can't tell if these lesions are malignant or not.

So we now have to get a different test.

Tried one of our creeks today in Raleigh but it was super high and straight Chocolate Milk.

If any of you folks see us out and about come say hi.

We went back yesterday morning and even though the locals made us look bad Joseph got 8 and I got 11.

Then we tried to go get a jack at that swamp but got skunked. It looks really fishy but I'm not brave enough to wade out in that black eastern NC water.

Then we scouted a new spot in Wake County that we will try sometime.

Ok so great news. Right now they are 99.8% sure all the spinal lesions are benign!!!!!

We go back in 6 mos for follow up scans.

I hadn't slept well for a month.

I would again like to express my gratitude for helping my son get on some fish.

You guys are great.

I'll be glad to return the favor for anyone.