I bought a CVA Optima with a Kronus Pro 3.9.40 scope Now what?

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
It has a flat line, half lines under it, but for the life of me I can no find out what I'm "supposed" to shoot so the flat line equates into the numerous other lines below in the scope. I have tried looking it up. I figured by now, Big Box Stores would sell MZLDR's on paper out to 100 yards, and dialed in at X .OZ of powder shooting X .grain of round, all I'd have to do is dial in at 100, and "POOF", I'm good to 300 once I know the droppage.

Reality, on the other hand, is much different!

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Do like I did and replace it...lol

Doesnt it say on the paperwork? I wouldnt trust that anyway, shoot it at different distances and see what ya got.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
It has a flat line, half lines under it, but for the life of me I can no find out what I'm "supposed" to shoot so the flat line equates into the numerous other lines below in the scope. I have tried looking it up. I figured by now, Big Box Stores would sell MZLDR's on paper out to 100 yards, and dialed in at X .OZ of powder shooting X .grain of round, all I'd have to do is dial in at 100, and "POOF", I'm good to 300 once I know the droppage.

Reality, on the other hand, is much different!
This is what the book says....take it for what it's worth.
fef2f978c08b71ca7cd6adbd6fb9118f.jpg
430a868a95dcbed98705d454e9a171de.jpg

Dan Apple

Old Mossy Horns
As a general rule with MZ hunting..... if I can see to shoot more than 100 yards I'm in the wrong place and aint likely to see anything to shoot at anyway.... that's just me tho...
However, I sight them in about 2" high at 100.... and am good from 0 to 125 or so. put the crosshairs on it and shoot it.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've never heard bad things about that scope and most people just shoot at 100 and 200 and keep it at that so the 1st and 2nd line are all they need. Of course shoot at 200 and find where that 2nd line is actually shooting and adjust from there with windage but from what I hear it's pretty darn close.

SRH

Button Buck
I recently purchased a CVA Optima LR with the same scope. Supposedly if you zero the crosshairs at 100 yrds, the hashmarks are in 25 yrd increments up to 275 yrds. I'm shooting 2 50 gr 777 pellets and 240 gr xtp's. It was on paper but about 6" low and 3-4" left at 100 out of the box. One adjustment and I had it hitting in a 2" dot. Third minor adjustment had it about 1" high at 100 yrds. I shot one more time to make sure and it was touching the last hole. I'm impressed with it so far, but not sure how well I would trust the hashmarks on the scope without shooting it at those distances. Most of my ML shots are deer are within 100 yrds anyway.

Lawnscaper

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Change the scope!!! I shot at an 8 pointer Saturday broad side 50 yds away using the same gun and scope combination he wheeled around and stood there for a few seconds while I was waiting for him to topple over and looking for blood on his side but didn't touch him he just loped away while I was trying to load again. After climbing down from my stand and looking for cut hair,blood, broken limbs I discovered that the internal left, right mechanism was broken inside. I will be buying a better scope soon. I bought this gun last year at Walmart end of season sale and love the gun but very upset the scope crapped out on me and cost me a nice buck after I had let a handful walk by.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Take that Konus and chunk it. Get a good Leupold or Nikon and replace.

Most of those scopes are set up to use the hash marks with 150 gr powder or pellets and a 250 gr SST or similar bullet at a set power setting. I wouldn’t trust it until i shot it at those ranges.

Randy

Ten Pointer
Take that Konus and chunk it. Get a good Leupold or Nikon and replace.

Most of those scopes are set up to use the hash marks with 150 gr powder or pellets and a 250 gr SST or similar bullet at a set power setting. I wouldn’t trust it until i shot it at those ranges.

Do this^

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Never used it but the Konus actually doesn't look bad. I only looked thru it in daylight but it did look crisp.