I bit the Bullet.......

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Well I have been wanting a 357/38 Lever Rifle for a while(25 years) and Saturday I had a mandatory work day at my club near Pine Bluff so on the way back I stopped at Ed's and ordered me a 1984C. They sold the last they had on Friday.

Now in the past i would say it was a crime to put an optic on a lever rifle but I may. It will be a very low powered one and a small one but I would also like to add a laser sight . Any one have any suggestions on the laser sight??

oh, I may put a peep on it but this question has always bugged me. Why put a peep on and not take the rear sight off?? i see some like that every now and then. The rear sight has to get in the way???

Last edited:

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I've always thought little guns like that beg to be equipped with a small red-dot sight. Unlike a scope, it won't totally ruin the handling/carry qualities and a 2 MOA dot will allow for more than enough precision at any distance you'd be stretching the legs of a .357 Magnum.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Rossi did, not sure if they still are in production or not. I am not sure about Winchester for that matter.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I know marlin, Winchester, and Henry have 357 options. Is there anyone else out there?

That's about it for lever guns. Ruger makes the 77/357 bolt action. H&R, CVA, and Henry have single shots. I have an H&R. With 38's it's quieter than a 22 lr. With 357's it's a healthy step up in power over a handgun. Generally about 600 fps faster!