I believe without a doubt

Ssims

Spike
I remember when I was 18 years old, I was homeless, living out of my car, working at subway, I was taking 7 classes that semester at Forsyth Tech, and I was a youth leader at my church. I was shipwrecked. Had no guidance or wisdom. Just holding on and trying to better my life. All people ever told me was to just have faith but never showed me how to get out of the ditch that I was in. At the church that I was attending at the time, I was on the board. I promised myself I would never be on something like that again. I saw grown people fighting and arguing like children and fought over money. Now looking back, I'm grateful the Lord allowed me to see what it looks like when division hits a church. I was reading my Bible one night, and with tears in my eyes, I told God, "Lord, if this is all You're about, if this is what being a Christian is all about, You can have it. I don't want it." I saw no fruit. What I was reading in scripture, I saw none of it in the church. Some people say God doesn't speak anymore, some don't believe in the gifts or the anointing, some believe once saved always saved, it was just a big crock of crap to me. I was never big on playing church and don't get hung up on denominations. There's only one Body of Christ. I told God that if He showed me truth, I would follow Him and never look back. I didn't want religion, legalism, or any of the other trash that are in some churches. I was looking for results. I wanted to know Him. I kept myself constantly studying scripture, asking the Holy spirit to show me the deep things of God. I wanted to know what moved His heart. I wanted to know what He saw in me that was so precious that it pleased Him to allow Jesus to go through everything He did for you and I. There ain't a person or a devil on this earth that can make me doubt who my Father is. I've seen the power of God. I know what He can do. I know what happens when He shows up. I know if I'm in a hard place and cry out to Him, He's gonna come see about this boy. Can you say the same?

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
@Ssims i relate to the homelessness and questioning everything. I condemned God and proudly let people know I had zero faith and didn’t want their prayers for me. Fortunately God had the foresight to lead me to the outdoors first, and thru that I was lead to Him. He also has a sense of humor, because the folks I cussed and criticized back then are the exact type of people I call my closest friends today. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas

billyf

Six Pointer
I have no doubt there is a God. The nature of that God and what he wants from me, however, remain elusive.
This comes close to what the God of the Bible wants from you...

“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c](AA) 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d](AB) 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”(AC)

billyf

Six Pointer
Yea... About that.... Got lots of problems with that.
All humans have problems with the demands of God....We all fall short...

for all have sinned(AI) and fall short of the glory of God, 24

For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c](AE) For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.(AF)