I beat 30 other guys in a 6 month long weight loss contest

D1RICH1

Ten Pointer
f89867db0b7fbe8d9738428d9747f19f.jpg

b06ff82c030000fe355ccccbb1e1c608.jpg

I wanted to share this w yall. I won the 6 month long biggest loser contest that I entered in January against 30 other guys!!!
I started my attempt w it to lose weight in Jan of this year when the contest started. Failed miserably on low calories and boot camp workouts for first 2 months. To be honest they would have worked if I had more time and self control. It simply was not a lifestyle I could sustain so why even bother. I started to give up and just resign to being fat which was very depressing for me. I did this same weight loss contest a couple years back and didn’t even finish a month... 2 months into this contest and I was at the bottom of the pack and about to quit. The only people I knew who had lost weight and kept it off was one guy who had a surgery so I was mentally starting to prepare for that. As a very last ditch effort I started a fasting lifestyle in March that I thought wouldn’t work. 1 week in I had more energy and more clarity than when I ate 3 meals a day plus snacks so I knew I was on to something special. I knew 1 week into this healthy lifestyle that I would lose over 100 lbs doing this and would never gain it back. What I like most about it is that it’s simple, free, and it saves me time & money. I don’t even have to work out unless I want to but I’ve got so much energy that I’ve got to spend it doing something. I make sure and do all the workouts with both my kids soccer teams I coach. It’s to the point that everyone in my daily life is asking me what I’m doing. They see the energy, focus, and of course the weight loss. Lots of friends and family are doing this with me now. My wife is down 9 Lbs in a week and a half. My brother is down 30 LBS in a couple weeks (he lost 17 lbs his first week doing this) He’s prepping for an elk hunt and a fishing trip. My friend at work is down over 20 lbs ‪in 2 weeks‬. Another friend down 25 lbs in 10 days. Multiple other friends and family with results like this. Even my mom is down almost 20 lbs now. Below is the link to the you tube channel I created with all the extra time and energy I have now. I was spending hours explaining so I just created some videos. I want to get the word out about fasting. Also a toastmasters group I’m a part of has given me a project to create a youtube channel so here it is. Cut me some slack because it’s the first you tubes I’ve ever done.

Here’s the Fbook group I created to share info, encourage, and educate people on fasting. I post all the videos on here. Please Join!!!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/195945567881259/

YouTube Channel Link: Please Subscribe!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLdn14x4pg4GgokeH68tJ_Q

Instagram handle
@FastedLife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
I'm sure you did your research, but can you explain the difference in #fastedlife and anorexia? I'm not busting your chips, I'm seriously curious as to how this is healthy for you.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Awesome man! Congratulations.

I've come around to a version of the intermittent fasting deal.
I've never really eaten breakfast and the wife and I go to bed early, so my "range" for eating is roughly 11-7.

Been at it for about 5 weeks and down 15# that I gained during spring fishing and vacations.
Fasting along with normal everyday life exercise. Just stay moving.
Funny how easy it is once you get in a groove, and how little you have to "pay attention" to your diet as long as you aren't eating moon pies, burgers, and beer all day long.

It's very hard to stuff more than 2,000 calories in your gullet in an 8hr window.
Best thing is, you really aren't hungry outside that window once you get used to it.
No more late night snacking for me, which was a killer.

Good job and keep it up! I've gotta get a little more fat burned off then back into strength training cause Colorado elk is coming up in 6 weeks!

D1RICH1

Ten Pointer
I'm sure you did your research, but can you explain the difference in #fastedlife and anorexia? I'm not busting your chips, I'm seriously curious as to how this is healthy for you.

Hey Newsome! Great question. Anorexia nervosa is a psychological eating disorder. Fasting is the willing abstinence or reduction from some or all food, drink, or both, for a period of time. Fasting is crazy healthy! As you look more into fasting you will realize that everyone should be doing some type of fasting lifestyle for health reasons alone. The guy who won the nobel prize over a year ago won it for his research into autophogy (the renewal of your cells) which happens when you fast. Multiple studies have recently come out that prove that your immune system fully regenerates after doing a 3 day fast!!! Unbelievable. They are now recommending cancer patients fast before their chemo to increase their immune system. The SAD american diet is killing people left and right by the millions. Never in history has a group of people eaten this way. Sugar and white carbs at 3 meals a day plus snacks. The way I eat is closer to the way our ancestors have always eaten. Our body's are made for this which is why I feel so amazing. I will never go back to eating 3 meals a day. I will however go on to a maintenance plan when I reach my goal weight that is not as much fasting. For health reasons though I will always fast. Even if it's just before and after holidays and trips so I don't gain any weight. You will just have to try it. Don't fall for the marketing that has created a society of sick consumers. The SAD diet makes a lot of people a lot of money.

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I've been intermittent fasting for a few weeks and have noticed the difference. Along with eating better (cutting out sugars and carbs) and working out more (7-9 hours of Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu), I'm feeling better than I have in years. I'm down 25 pounds and building muscle at the same time. I'm 43, 5'8" and 170-ish. My goal is 157 so I can enter a more competitive weight class for BJJ tournaments. Thanks for posting. I have a tournament 4 weeks from tomorrow and need to extend my fasting from 16 hours to 3 days and see what happens.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I've been intermittent fasting for a few weeks and have noticed the difference. Along with eating better (cutting out sugars and carbs) and working out more (7-9 hours of Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu), I'm feeling better than I have in years. I'm down 25 pounds and building muscle at the same time. I'm 43, 5'8" and 170-ish. My goal is 157 so I can enter a more competitive weight class for BJJ tournaments. Thanks for posting. I have a tournament 4 weeks from tomorrow and need to extend my fasting from 16 hours to 3 days and see what happens.

3 DAYS?

We have some folks at the office starting this (in between cigarette or vaping breaks lol). They have also taught me about pro plant nutrition, meat 1nce a week etc.

So, from my perspective, with all due respect, I have to question is this a fad or a true pure way to make the human body better?

No doubt eating veggies is better for humans. No doubt carbs and fried foods have NOT been part of the human diet until very recently so cutting them out is logical.

But 3 days of fasting? Except for pre fire days, when do humans only eat/chew ever 3 days?

D1RICH1 Congrats on your success!! You have given me a reason to research your methodology.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats.
So what does your Doc say about all of this? Has there been lab testing to make sure you don't fix one problem and start another?

D1RICH1

Ten Pointer
3 days is great!!! Lots of recent studies show your immune system fully regenerates after 3 days so lots of extra benefits coming w your fast!!! You can do it.