I’m speechless!

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Patterned my daughters 18.5” factory choked barrel Iver Johnson .410

Open sights with Federal TSS #9

20yds,30yds,40yds (left to right) on 12”x18” targets

The 20yd and 30 yd shots were high due to me trying to establish point of impact

Attachments

• 521FBF52-2077-4BA6-853B-DFBFD0A72989.jpeg
    521FBF52-2077-4BA6-853B-DFBFD0A72989.jpeg
    174.6 KB · Views: 100
  • AF6BBCD5-1BC6-4DFA-9D4E-DF23136E9259.jpeg
    AF6BBCD5-1BC6-4DFA-9D4E-DF23136E9259.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 97

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm sure that would increase her accuracy considerably. It's hard for anyone, especially kids, to line up the sights accurately when there's a single blade or bead.

I am of the belief that an effective turkey gun needs 2 beads at a minimum. Fiber optics are better, and reflex sights are the most precise if shooting 40+.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
I'm sure that would increase her accuracy considerably. It's hard for anyone, especially kids, to line up the sights accurately when there's a single blade or bead.

I am of the belief that an effective turkey gun needs 2 beads at a minimum. Fiber optics are better, and reflex sights are the most precise if shooting 40+.
Same thoughts o had although no way she will be allowed to shoot over 30yds

However I may just have to “borrow it” this season and would take a 40yd shot max

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Might want to have a gunsmith check it out before drilling. I'm thinking maybe the .410 will be OK but some drilling some shotguns aren't recommended due to chamber thickness. Just a thought.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Might want to have a gunsmith check it out before drilling. I'm thinking maybe the .410 will be OK but some drilling some shotguns aren't recommended due to chamber thickness. Just a thought.
Yes I know but thanks for the heads up

From what I read .410 pressure issues aren’t as big of a deal for thickness

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You got me stoked......can’t wait to pattern my Harrington Richardson .410 that I got when I was 11 yo.......hopefully it’s ready up to 30 yds........don’t care past that point......it will be cool to bust one with my first gun!!

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
You got me stoked......can’t wait to pattern my Harrington Richardson .410 that I got when I was 11 yo.......hopefully it’s ready up to 30 yds........don’t care past that point......it will be cool to bust one with my first gun!!

That's what I've been doing the last 3 years.